AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: AMC

I am against Rogers removing AMC....it it happens I will reevaluate by cable / tv service....

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Dang! There sure are a lot of people who are passionate about zombies!

I've Been Around

I see that Rogers seems to be realizing they would be making a huge mistake if they remove AMC. Myself as well as many others I've talked to will definitely drop Rogers if they drop AMC. That network has great shows and plays great movies!!

They should really be working on providing AMC in HD..................not getting rid of it.

Listen to your customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've Been Here Awhile

If anything , you should be offering it in HD.  We are already considering moving to BELL FIBE especially because they are offering this channell in HD as well as unlimited internet usage.($2.00 per gig for over usage is just robbery). Personally we don't like Bell but it seems like Rogers lately doesn't give a crap about their customers or quality of their cbale feed. The channels are so digitaly compressed that even HD doesn't look that clear. If You drop AMC that will be our deciding factor in switching to BELL.

I've Been Around

Food for thought rogers if u drop amc i will change to a provider that does offer amc. might just switch my two mobiles two landlines and internet while i am at it.
I'm Here A Lot

Don't really know the reason why,,,but.... from the customer standpoint......why would you want to spend your money on standard definition and on a tier 2 network that does not broadcast in HD? SD is old technology, HD is the status quo. Seeing as AMC is not available in HD and the competition from other sources that Rogers is making available to customers (such as Hollywood Suite) that DO broadcast in HD and are commercial free makes AMC look like a dinosaur and not worth the bandwidth. I personally don't want to view any sort of movie that is not HD, or is edited in any way whatsoever, or is riddled with commercials. The same goes for the serials that AMC broadcasts, 45 mins of program & 15 mins of junk sponsor breaks, there used to be a time when programs ran just over 50 mins, and there were 9 mins of sponsor breaks. Times have changed and we the viewers are the ones who lose out with the current program format we live with. Still HD is the way to go, if one cannot/is not receiving it you might consider upgrading to it because somewhere down the road SD will go the way of the dinosaur.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, at least for internet, rogers DOES offer an unlimited addon, just like bell. 

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/unlimitedinternet?cm_sp=internet-_-unlimited-internet-en-0213-_-sl...

As for the AMC outcome.. we will have to see..

I Plan to Stick Around

"We have no intention of dropping AMC. We are in negotiations and expect a positive outcome. We're surprised and disappointed they would alarm our customers."

Then with all due respect, Rogers needs to wake up and smell the communications era they are purportedly in the business of provisioning.

There have been numerous threads on this forum (I started one myself) for quite some time now regarding AMC - one of the most popular specialty channels out there if the huge success of their program offerings are any measure of such.  A simple message from a Rogers representative on this forum from time to time saying something like - 

"We are in the process of negotiating the procurement of this channel, thank you for your continued patronage and patience as we finalise, yada, yada, etc."

- would go a long way indeed.

Instead of now knee-jerking your responses in a disorganised fashion due to the other party giving you a 101 on how to leverage social channels to enable business.

Hope someone at Rogers is taking notes.

You can act here to request keeping AMC (and ask for HD if so inclined) - 

http://www.keepamccanada.com/message.php

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Personaly.. i dont watch anything on AMC currently, maybe other than the ocasional movie, but even rarely at that.

I HAVE considered watching Walking Dead, waiting till i have a weekend free for a marathon.

even if get hooked, i wont be watching it via AMC likely.. even if we had the HD channel.  With netflix, i have access to pretty much all the AMC series, in HD, and the MAJOR advantage is like that 55trucker said above.. NO commercials.  That is a major selling point for me.. can watch 2 shows in a 1.5 hour window no commecials... or the same in 2 hours with commercials.

WIth netflix, (coupled with rogers unlimited internet), im looking at if there are more of some of what i watch avialable as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

at a very high cost they offer it.