AMC

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hickory
I've Been Around

Re: AMC

I can't believe Rogers wants to drop AMC and all these great shows.  Rogers for shame, what is wrong with your company?  Walking Dead is the most watched show on TV.  Poor business move...  You will loose many customers with this decision including mine.

8seclusion
I've Been Around

Seriously? Why? Another reason why i want to cancel from rogers. And this time i think i will.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I guess none of you even understand how cable channels works. Lets break it down for you all.

It takes BOTH companies to get the channel. Now they could have had a deal but one of them either does not want to pay the money or has issues. No one knows if its Rogers or AMC doing this. Its not only Rogers fault here. I am not saying Rogers should not be blamed BUT you guys also have to get mad at AMC as well as they are the ones pulling the channel..

So instead of blaming just Rogers, blame both AMC & Rogers.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

AMC is requesting you contact Rogers if you want to keep the AMC channel.

http://www.keepamccanada.com/

http://www.keepamccanada.com/message.php

darklywicked
I'm Here A Lot

marchalice said:
"To be fair to everyone, we should also write AMC that they would be losing customers as well if they try to drive our prices up. I believe that a solid performer like AMC deserves more money for the quality original programming they produce, but not if it will hit the customers pocketbook."

I'd rather pay extra to get a channel like AMC. But instead I'm forced to pay for channels I don't like, don't need and don't watch -- because these are the "basic cable" channels, and you aren't allowed to have specialty channels only.

So, unless Rogers will let me disown and not pay for the crap I don't want, I'd like them to pay for the good television I do want. I don't blame AMC -- they're using a quality product that they produce as leverage. Rogers only leverage is threatening to remove the channel -- which will hurt them as much or more than it will help them in negotiations. We have other options to go to if we want AMC. Does Rogers have another channel showing the same caliber of program? Nope. Not last I checked.

Hey Rogers -- why don't you drop TLC? I'm sure it costs a lot to buy, but the programs suck. No one would miss Honey Boo Boo...  you could probably charge extra for a TLC-free lineup.

darklywicked
I'm Here A Lot

They posted that they are sure there will be a positive outcome. 

That doesn't mean squat. Unless they are admitting that they will buckle to AMC's demands in the contract renewal. Otherwise, it could be gone tomorrow without notice.

Whoever is manning the social networking was faced with a PR nightmare tonight and had to respond somehow (or the lack of response would be more damaging.) So they responded without really promising anything. 

The worst part is that we have to give 30 days notice for cancellation... Bet we won't get 30 days notice if our channel lineup goes bye-bye. 

I HOPE they see the light and decide to negotiate fairly to keep AMC. 

stella26
I've Been Around

I love AMC,, please don't cut this channel, seems that everything is being cut these days, please keep this channel

Ffverre
I've Been Around

Would also consider dropping rogers if this happens!

RogersSarah
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

We have no intention of dropping AMC. We are in negotiations and expect a positive outcome. We're surprised and disappointed they would alarm our customers.

View solution in original post

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HD VIP Package - AMC HD???

Rogers has posted a message regarding this, on facebook, as well as replies here in other threads.

Rogers has no intention of droping the channel.
All the them droping it stuff, was put up by AMC, and not rogers.

Roger is in negotiations with them right now for the channel, and hope for a positive outcome.

Could the channel still go bye bye? Sure.  But not from rogers going 'lets screw people over and drop the channel', but from negotiations falling through, could be something as much as AMC saying "Hey pay us 2x as much or you dont get us" type of thing.