cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMC

Martye
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know why rogers wants to cancel Amc?

***Edited labels***

105 REPLIES 105

Re: AMC

AMCorME
I've Been Here Awhile

Might as well drop Rogers they make to much off us. I have phone, Internet and VIP cable package and if AMC is gone so AM I. Basically the only thing I tune into on a regular basis! Should get shaw Internet and pivos box maybe game centre for hockey. Cheaper and watch what I want.

Dkare
I've Been Around

I agree drop AMC I drop Rogers...!!!

I spend over $240 on Rogers Services already, I am sure Bell would be glad to have me.

isevier
I've Been Around

I'm shocked they'd want to cancel AMC. I sure hope you don't, as you'll lose thousands of customers.

I was totally pissed when you took CourtTV. This will be the straw that broke the camels back.

Mariagr
I've Been Around
I'm not sure why Rogers is canceling AMC but I can honestly say that's a big mistake. I would be canceling my services and go with a new provider. I know of 5 other people in my family and friends that have said the same thing.

graemegroy
I've Been Here Awhile

Another giant Rogers customer relations failure. Hey you, ya you, the guy that pays their bills....they don't care about you and they take you for granted.

Covalent
I've Been Here Awhile

Yep.  My family will cancel rogers if they get rid of AMC.

It's one of the channels I watch, a lot on my TV.  Now they want to get rid of it?  

No way Rogers.  No absolutely way, we won't be having any of that.

It's bad enough that we spend SOO freaking much on crappy stations as it is, and they want to rid us of AMC??

Stupid.

AMC is one of the few stations WORTH watching.

Really disgusted. I will find a new provider if you drop AMC.

amc getting dropped this cannot happen it is bad enough that we pay for a bunch of garbage channels that I never watch but this is one of the best channels in the rogers package and I would drop rogers for sure if they get rid of it. EXTREMELY UNHAPPY TO HEAR THAT THIS COULD HAPPEN.

As a customer who chose to package all my services with Rogers (home phone, cable, internet, wireless) spending well over $200+ a month I'm outraged that this company is considering/has decided to remove the ONE channel that I most enjoy regularly through my current services. I am not interested in spending more and getting LESS!

If this channel is dropped, I will cancel all my services – Very disappointed Rogers. 

ushy86
I Plan to Stick Around

This better not go through I swear... We overpay so much and for what? Bandwidth limits? crappy channels?
Dropping Rogers and moving elsewhere if this goes through.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Guys.. Rogers is NOT dropping AMC. They just posted that on their Facebook page..

Kantura
I've Been Around

This is pretty much the only reason why i subscribe to cable in the first place.... I'm already looking at other providers for the HD content. If they take the channel completely away there is no reason for me to have any loyalty to Rogers at all.  I have four services from them and i will change them all if this was to happen.... even if we dont get HD AMC soon. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
They are not doing it
They posted on the Rogers Facebook page that the channel will still be up..

radfordann
I've Been Here Awhile

Really???? Are you crazy? Thousands have posted on FB concerning this ridiculous decision. I, for one, will be switching cable/phone/Internet if this does occur. This is not a threat.....it's a fact!

Rogers and AMC are in the midst of negotiations (it's always about money) -- so Rogers could lose AMC. It would be their choice not to pay for the channel. Regardless of what Facebook says, it could happen. 

If it does - my services are gone. Mine, my mom's, my husband's phone, my mother-in-law --- we will all cancel all of our non-contract services and Rogers will lose over $1k per month. And my network of friends are all zombie people. (I am lucky to count among my friends organizers of zombie walks, genre fans and filmmakers and more!) There will be a mass migration. 

If Bell was smart they'd start promoting that they have AMC HD and offer signing discounts for zombie-lovers. 

radfordann
I've Been Here Awhile

Keepamccanada.com. Please go to this site and follow the steps to send Rogers an email.

Rogers has posted a comment and has reassured that they have no intention to drop AMC....so lets talk about AMC HD;).

T2-7
I've Been Around

Just talked to Rogers and I was told it is AMC leaving Rogers .. Sounds like bull to me. It's the only channel I watch- guess another company will be happy for my business!

Every once in a while, cable networks renegotiate contracts with the providers. When the negotiations do not go thier way, they try to rile up the customers as leverage to get more out of the cable company. if the cable company pays more than is comfortable, the price of our service goes up. To be fair to everyone, we should also write AMC that they would be losing customers as well if they try to drive our prices up. I believe that a solid performer like AMC deserves more money for the quality original programming they produce, but not if it will hit the customers pocketbook. So, Rogers is not dropping the channel, it is more likely that they refused the first demand put on the table. 

I can't believe Rogers wants to drop AMC and all these great shows.  Rogers for shame, what is wrong with your company?  Walking Dead is the most watched show on TV.  Poor business move...  You will loose many customers with this decision including mine.

Seriously? Why? Another reason why i want to cancel from rogers. And this time i think i will.