AMC channel change in May 2013

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ted72
I've Been Here Awhile

according to a letter I received May 23 AMC is changing from 59 and 328 digital to 32 and 328 digital but this is not happening as of May 26. Why?

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: AMC channel change in May 2013

A few have asked that.
I am guessing there was some issue with moving the stuff that occupies those Channels right now not having moved so can't move amc yet.

If any of the reps are around, there any news/updates on this?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

The letter said "effective starting May 23rd". That could be interpreted as any time after May 23rd.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Ted72
I've Been Here Awhile

Then it would have been better to say "sometime after May 23" rather than "starting on May 23" because on May 23 nothing was started, right? Also, the TV guide has AMC on 32 already. Very confusing!
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, all I can say is as of today (May 27) on my PVR with VIP nothing has changed so far.

On another TV with a DTA,

ABC Spark (69) is not there and it's not on 59, where it's supposed to go (but I have never watched it, so I don't even know if I had it).

FX Canada (95) is now some French channel (but I have never watched it, so I don't even know if I had it).

AMC is still on 52

OLN is still on 59

Spike is still on 32

BBC World News is still on 38.

So if Rogers said the changes would take effect starting (after?) May 23rd, they may as well have said "after January 1st".

supergrrl
I've Been Here Awhile

The channels did change for me here in Newfoundland.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, maybe it's starting in the East and working West. Smiley Wink

mike017
I'm a Regular

I just got the VIP package recently and now I find out they are already moving SPIKE from the vip package???

And to make it even worse for no apparent reason they move AMC from 61 to 35 and FX from 95 to 61 then delete 95 all together and stick SPIKE way up at 279 where no one will ever see it.

Guess I should keep my eye on the Bell fibe TV since it's expanding into my city now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mike017

I have the VIP Package & still get spike on channel 279. They are just moving channels, that is all they are doing. This should not be such a big deal unless you are on a lower tear & stopped getting those channels.

The channels got moved for many reasons. Other channels being added & such. They are not going to sit here & explain why they are doing this as barely any cable provider does.

Bell does the same thing. I own both Rogers VIP cable & Bell VIP fibe TV. Bell changed a few channels just a few months ago.

Jayzino
I'm a Regular

It just changed today and I don't see the big deal anyways,Spike didn't have much on there anyways was getting boring. I'll take ABCSpark and FX Canada in exchange np.    Smiley Indifferent 

btw  Do you guys know if FX Canada censors their movies and shows like Son's Of Anarchy?