AMC channel 32 is not recommended for people who use HDMI/HD Boxes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

AMC channel 32 is not recommended for people who use HDMI/HD Boxes

I noticed while watching Jurassic Park 2 that it lags so bad on channel 32 when they're broadcasting HD. I recommend switching to 482 if you have the HD PVR Box. I don't know if it was working for people with standard boxes but if you ever have issues with AMC and you have a HDMI connected box switch to 482. It drove me nuts when the video started slowing down with audio that was skippy and trying to go it's standard speed.

I really enjoy AMC but they have serious broadcasting issues. Since I got cable the channel goes down, gets disconnected half way through a show, and constantly freezes as well. Some of this is Rogers screwiing around but the big mess ups from Rogers are the constant wrong info for the show. You plan to watch a movie/show and guess what it's not the right one. The show might be only broadcasted in America but that doesn't matter, Rogers should be listing what is going to be broadcasted to me. AMC has some awesome shows but there movie scheduling sucks. Ever since I had to endure a week of Forest Gump every night after work was complete garbage. I e-mailed AMC but they never replied and don't care.

These are some of the reasons why I am cutting my TV service with Rogers but enough off-topic. Just a friendly reminder to make sure you guys use the HD AMC (482) channel and not the crappy standerd (32).

***Edited labels***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: AMC channel 32 is not recommended for people who use HDMI/HD Boxes

The lower channel subs down the hd feed off the higher channel, so this is likely some of the issue your experiencing.

Not an issue when I watch on the lower channel, but the issue might vary from user to user, box to box, signal, etc..

Always good advice tho, always best to go to the source channel to check/compare

-------
Side note, rogers is not the one who enters all guide info. All providers usually get their guide info from 3rd party agencies which do it. If they are not updated by the channel, or do not send that to the provider..

That being said, rogers should be getting on them to ensure accuracy.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:
Always good advice tho, always best to go to the source channel to check/compare

That's pretty much what I am trying to inform people about. Could be my range but Rogers keeps saying I have the best single. I know longer trust them.

When August 3rd comes around I won't have TV anymore and I think it's for the best. Back to using the Internet like a mad man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rogers doesn't like the pictures I uploaded so I don't think they will like any of my hilarious signatures too.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Must be something unique to your area. I notice absolutely no difference switching between 32 and 482. In fact, it doesn't "switch", just the displayed channel number changes.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario