AMC HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryandude
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: AMC HD?

I know it will be SPACE HD in 575 becuase it only makes sense to have those Bell channels in one area. I think it will be ABC Spark HD also.

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around

Very disappointed that the new season of Breaking Bad starts tonight and there's still no sign that Rogers is getting this channel. Between Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead...those shows alone make switching to Bell worthwhile if Rogers is unable to get the channel.
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As much as I want AMC HD as well, i am in no rush for it, i can wait. hey it will eventually come so im not desperaet to watch the shows in hd, i watched many shows in sd because the hd channels were launched years later and im still alive and fine. life moves on.  TV is not a necessity for me, its a luxury, so i will enjoy what they deliver.

Steviet
I've Been Around

Pauly, why even comment on this matter, if you don't care? It's quite obvious from the endless amount of forums online that Rogers customers are craving AMC in HD! So why douse the flames, if you really don't care. Or maybe you're a just a Rogers employee!
When I tell my US friends & family that Canada's biggest cable provider does not broadcast AMC in HD, I get looked at in disbelief! It's a joke!! What reason is there for this?!
I just recently signed a one year contract with Rogers (forgetting all about this situation). I fully regret it, now that Breaking Bad starts tonight. If Rogers does not add this by the time this contract is up, they won't have to worry about me bothering them about it anymore because I promise they will have lost a paying customer.
This is 2012 ROGERS, get with the times! AMC carries some of North Americas top rated shows & I will not settle for watching them in SD any longer! If Rogers feels this in not important, then why broadcast ANY channels in HD??
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Umm, maybe u cant read, but I did say I DO care, i just dont think its a priority for me, there are other priorities in my life that superseed me receiving the channel in HD like buying a new house, buying a new car, once these things are out of my way then I will worry about receiving the TV channel in HD

ramrob
I've Been Here Awhile

Don't know if it will be the same this season , but last season Rogers on Demand-Ch 100 had Breaking Bad available in HD , albeit on a 1 week delay , and free.

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around

That's really useful information, thanks!  Just checked now, but it hasn't been a week yet, but I'd definitely prefer to wait a week to see the show in HD.  I'll just have to hide from spoilers.   Do you know if Rogers did something similar for Walking Dead?

Roy_Baty
I Plan to Stick Around

Pauly was just expressing his feeling about it, but I agree it just dampens the flame for sure.

To remain on topic, has Rogers ever indicated why they don't offer it yet?  Is it licensing issues w/Shaw?  Is it AMC licensing?  Pretty much every provider in Canada carries it yet why Rogers doesn't remains a mystery...  I guess if you want it in HD, Rogers pretty much forces its customers to either look elsewhere for a provider that can or download it from the internet which of course is illegal.  Either way, if you really want it as a consumer you do have other choices... 

Personally, I am waiting as they have been improving things with the addition of more HD here in NB in recent days and as far as I am concerned they still have the best HD PQ out of the other 3 options we have here in NB..

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it was a simple thing for them to acquire it, I would assume they would have done so by now, it's not worth loosing customers over it, if it was as easy acquisition.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

TFK wrote:
With morons like you saying crap like this, we'll never get it! Dufeus!

The fact of the matter is that this is only one station of many not provided by Rogers while being carried by the majority of other carriers. And the best response we ever get from Rogers is: "We cannot comment on products or services that we do not provide" which is no better than no response at all. Or "We will pass your comments on to the Internal team" - whomever the Internal team actually is - because they never seem to listen to anyone but themselves!