AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: AMC HD

P.S. I'm not looking to debate with forum members, just adding my voice to the din, so to speak.  As stated, I have spoken with Rogers sales and will write them as well when I can to formally communicate my request.  Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes but like i said in my post there are a few reasons why it is taking this long. You just got stuck with one of the reasons i gave. The other reason ( i will repeat my self) i gave was that in order to get the channel on the line up, it takes time for them to legally sign the agreements & have the developers put AMC HD on a channel they can find that is empty or port it in. Also it can be that AMC is asking for a lot of money & Rogers is not wanting to pay that much. Like GDKitty said tho, Rogers within the past month has added 6 HD channels on their line up, they could be in the end of adding this one as well. WE all need to wait & see.

Yes money talks but Rogers does not listen. Many customers have listened & yet Rogers has not comment or said anything. Like i said we can NOT say anything seeing as none of us know anything at all.

If you want to talk about the latest guide update, please comment about that on those threads, not here. Thanks.
Also this is a Rogers community forum board & we ONLY talk about Rogers tech problems & products here. Not able bell & such.

I know what you mean as well but Rogers does not listen or communicate with their customers. This is something we all know. Even if you write them, you will most likely get the same response we all have gotten from them as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree if it is in HD we should have it. Rogers used to have the most HD but not anymore. I would sincerely like to thank the powers that be for giving me channels that look like crap on my 1300 dollar tv. I would love to watch The Walking in HD and even my Repo games on Spike, which is available on Bell. If you pay for an HD box everything should be HD and if you have a regular box then you probably don't have an HD tv yet so who cares about HD channels then. But I pay for HD and half the channels are only SD this is crap.

I Plan to Stick Around

I second that... totally agree with you and everyone else who is frustrated with Rogers....They will always be a huge step behind... but they charge an arm and a leg..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

JenniG. You need to understand that some channels are not HD is not Rogers fault. The owners of the channels are responsible if they want them in HD or not. I do agree that Rogers should get AMC HD but remember you guys are not thinking that in order for Rogers to get the channel, alot needs to be done. They need to make agreements, fo threw the righ channelsz sign off and make space for the channel. all this takes time. you also need to understand that AMC might be asking for a lot of money and rogers doesnt wanna pay. Who knows. Rogers within the past month added 6 HD channels. Maybe in a few weeks we might see AMC HD

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As well, i beleive that Spike is in HD on rogers.

I do recall, watching a program on it..Pimp my ride i think it was.  It was only in 4:3, but past the edges of where the 4:3 image was, where there would normaly be BLACK if it was a regular SD channel, was some spike logo things.

This would mean, that it IS a HD feed, they are just broadcasting an SD show, over the HD feed, without stretching it, etc.  This might happen on ANY HD channel if they are broadcasting an older show that is only in SD and not been converted and they dont want to stretch or cut any of it off.

Other than that, Meowmix hit all the other key points 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

SpikeTV is definitely not in HD. I've tried watching some of the UFC fights and TNA Impact (both are broadcast in HD) and it looks like garbage. The SD feeds on Spike and AMC are just horrible. It's like watching VHS quality in 2012 Smiley Indifferent

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do agree but there is nothing we can do until Rogers & AMC make the agreement & pull it off. Until then we can post all we want & complain but in the end its both companies that are doing this, not just Rogers. It seems the hate is on Rogers but in order to get a channel, like i said many times it comes down to agreements, money, & other internal bussniess that go on. Also it takes time to get the channel & feed it into the HD & get it out to everyone. It does suck i know.

Anyways SpikeTV is not HD. As seeing on the Rogers website - Cable - Packages & Pricing - VIP Package, It does not show Spike TV HD on the HD channel line up. They have updated it tho to show the new channels Rogers added within the last month.

TNA & UFC fights are always broadcasted in HD but if the channel is not HD, it will look garbage like you said. Believe me i know.

I'm Here A Lot

Re: AMC HD - Get on it Rogers!

"Also it can be that AMC is asking for a lot of money & Rogers is not wanting to pay that much."

Im sure this is the EXACT reason they aren't moving fast to get AMC in HD.

Why would they want to spend any of the obscene profits they make off of us to give us better service and the channels we're asking for?

If the Walking Dead is within a week of starting in October and Rogers doesn't have AMC in HD, or some type of indication through customer support, the office of the president or twitter (I've tried all of those to see if they are planning to get it) I'm canceling my cable, internet, home and cell phones and switching to someone else.

It's not like they have something the other guys don't have...in fact most of the other guys have MORE than Rogers does.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I fully agree with you. Believe me i want AMC HD as well. Sending letters to the office of the President or on twitter wont do nothing. Me and the GF also talked about it and if Rogers does not get AMC HD we will be moving to another cablr provider. The decision is not only based on if Rogers will get the channel or not but everything else that has been going on.

Seeing as they added 6+ HD channels, most likely they will add it before Halloween. That is when i am thinking they may add it. It is the money but remember if a company does not want to pay, they wont unless they find a agreement on the money OR customers start leaving due to this and make it known.