AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Betaguy
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: AMC HD

Nice to see this thread has some support.  I just replied on another AMC thread, where a Rogers representative came out of their hibernation long enough to post a scripted corporate message.

I love how AMC played this one, it's perfect.  Rogers is fully deserving, IMO, of the online shellacking they are now receiving.  What irks me most about Rogers is the pitiful way they treat their subscribers, and their utter lack of communication and involvement.  

However, due to AMC's clever online campaign we now have a glimpse into the reason this channel has been held up.

Clearly, they are in negotiations with AMC.  Clearly the negotiations are not going, er, well.  

If you have not already, you can act now...sign up here.  

http://www.keepamccanada.com/message.php

If you do take the time to send a message, wouldn't hurt to reming them about offering the channel in HD as well.  Smiley Wink

Cheers.

pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This was posted by Rogers 14 hours ago on their FB page I assume in answer to the rumour that AMC was being dropped altogether:

We have no intention of dropping AMC.

We're surprised and disappointed they would alarm our customers. We are in negotiations and expect a positive outcome.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Betaguy
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol...made a reply on my own thread (this one) about an hour ago and Rogers deleted it.

Wow.

Pathetic, Rogers.  

I provided the link that AMC had given to show support for keeping the channel.  Something that would take about 3 seconds to Google anyway. 

Necessary to remove the entire post?  

Speaks volumes.

reidjr
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not sure why this has anything to do with Bell Amc is a American channel.

pmcsplaza

Bell has the distribution rights in Canada I believe.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Ryked
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Beatguy, looks like it was moved along with the post that was directly after yours?

Request for AMC HD

pmcsplaza

Maybe they're trying to start a new thread.

Peter
Toronto
Ryked
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow and now they killed that thread?

Look's like Rogers has made an official response on Redboard.

Save the Zombies

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It looks like all of them were merged Into one. I have replies from 3 different threads in one now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

They moved all the same duplicate threads into one. Reason being is because there is NO need for 10+ threads of the same thing.

Anyways AMC is a American channel BUT Bell has rights for the HD version. The SD channel was first brought here from Shaw.

From what I can tell, it looks like there is a issue with BOTH AMC and Rogers. Everyone needs to chill out and relax with just blaming Rogers. It takes both companies to do something. Yes I am upset as well but I really do not believe they will pull the plug on AMC. Remember if that happens, Both AMC and Rogers will lose customers. Yes AMC added the webs pages asking for Rogers customers to bring the attention but just think for a second here, why would AMC just randomly do it now?. Has anyone thought about that?

Anyways what I am saying is that I am Blaming both AMC and Rogers for this. Until we find out more info on what is going on, I blame both. In the end both will lose MANY customers over this if it does happen.