AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: AMC HD

My Rogers contract is up and I'm thinking about changing over to Bell because of AMC.  Between The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Mad Men its too important a channel now to not be in HD.  As many others have said they give us the Aquarium Channel, Sunset Channel, Cottage Channel and the you've-got-to-be-kidding-me-Swiss Chalet channel but they can't pony up for AMC in HD?  There are many others of course, like Food Network, HDTV, etc and they still have the SD version of TSN on the original channel.  The channels are different by region (its a pin watching TV at a friend's house 15 minutes away when his channels are all different) and the software is ancient.  The Search function barely works, the guide looks 15 years old and is sad when compared to Bell's.  Its sad when the Media Center (PVR) software that came with my PC 8 years ago is more advance than this.  If Bell give me a comparable deal then I'm switching over unless things change in the next while.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm writing another letter ..................at least make arrangements to give us those series on Rogers on Demand in HD (like they did last year for BB).........how bout GOLTV HD while you're at it Rogers?....sigh

I Plan to Stick Around

Sure bell has some channels rogers does not but on the flip side rogers has some channels bell does not for my self i am willing to wait and hope rogers will add the likes of amc  hd soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

If an HD version of a channel/show exists, we should have it. Period. HD was a bit of a novelty at one point, but as far as I'm concerned, it's the standard now. 

Go into any major store and try and buy an SDTV. It's crazy. And we shouldn't have to pay any extra for an HD "pack" either.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree, if the hd channel exists we should automatically receive it if we already got the SD version.

too bad rogers does not agree with this... what will it  take to change their mind?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes hd packs should be cheaper should it be the same price as no sd maybe in a perfect world but as i said before people with sd would be upset more then likely.

I've Been Around

Well why can't Rogers just add it? What is taking so long?

I'm Here A Lot

Is it just me or is AMC broadcast so dark as to be virtually unwatchable.  The contrast level is awful.  And do NOT say it's my TV because AMC is the only channel with this problem.  What the heck is Rogers broadcasting anyway?

I'm Here A Lot

Re: AMC HD?

Man, I really thought Rogers would come through with AMC HD before the season premiere of Mad Men.. nope. I guess having the most Emmy award-winning shows on TV isn't enough to beat out gripping channels such as SUN News HD and W Network HD. It's frustrating enough to be a deciding factor once Bell Fibe arrives in my hood.

I'm Here A Lot

Where are we able to most effectively send our message that we want AMC HD on Rogers ASAP? I'm okay with my rates increasing if it's to help Rogers keep up with Bell on programming, but 2 years late and still no sign of AMC HD is unacceptable.