AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: AMC HD

See the story published in today's Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2013/03/01/rogers_amc_reach_new_distribution_deal.ht...

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
jimboden
I'm an Advisor

pmcsplaza:

Thanks for posting that link. Finally, will be able to watch Mad Men in HD.

pmcsplaza

Wont be long hopefully.   I wonder if we'll also get CP24 HD.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
mousetamer

I can't wait for the HD feed now that I know it is coming. This crappy feed really needs to go.
Betaguy
I Plan to Stick Around

"Hey Betaguy, looks like it was moved along with the post that was directly after yours?"

Yes, saw that, thank you.   Absolutely wonderful forum moderation here from Rogers.  Nothing for months, then jump in and post fragmented and scripted corporate responses, and jumble together replies from several other threads in a non-sensical fashion, without notifying the contributors.  Excellent.

Honestly, this company has a **bleep** of a lot to learn about treating its customers right.

Can Rogers not afford to delegate a part time resource to occasionally communicate on this forum, with simple updates?  As when they see multiple threads on the same subject...a simple:

'Hi Valued Customers, we hear and understand your frustration, and are pleased to inform you that we are in the process of negotiating with this provider and expect to have more details soon.  Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your business.'

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on cable cancellation and going the Netflix and download route.  $100/month for HD cable is not sitting well with me when Rogers can't even be bothered to provide simple answers to simple questions - let alone provide the top channels out there.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

BEFORE the threads were merged, there was actually that very type of reply, on every single thread (from RogersSarah, i beleive).  Those were added on i think the monday or so, after the issue arose.
After the thread was merged, no, there wasnt any more added (well, there was no updates either, till the annoucement).  Yes, they should have come back and announced in the thread here as well as for the update once it was annouced thaty they were able to make a deal with AMC. 

(normaly they DO notify about moves via PM's.. maybe they didnt this time 😞  )

Personaly, i was watching the whole thing from their various media outlets.. Facebook, here, redboard, etc.  They were actualy pretty good.. of all the 1000's of posts on facebook, i would say they responded with a message that they were in negotiations, and expected a good outcome, to about 75% of all individual peoples posts there.

On the day that AMC started posting the messages on the TV, rogers posted on facebook, a thing again saying just that, they dont plan on dropping it and are in negotiations and expec a good outcome.   That didnt stop, over the week, 1000's of people posting and questinging if they were droping it.  Why?  They didnt take the few seconds to READ the other stuff, read the other posts, and find out that information which was provided to them.

reidjr
I Plan to Stick Around

What i think we all have to understand is Rogers or any company do work hard to try and get us the channels we want but some times its not simple and it takes time and we also should keep in mind Rogers does have most top line channels.

Betaguy
I Plan to Stick Around

Folks - we are paying a premium for these services - cable, internet, etc.  $100/month just for HD cable in my case.  Then add internet, phone, mobile and there is a significant investment here.

I expect FAR better service than I am receiving.  If you are happy with the way Rogers has handled their communications here, that is fine.  I am not. 

Social channels increasingly empower consumers to message their needs and feedback to companies.  The AMC campaign woke Rogers up in this regard, and we all saw their hasty and non-cohesive response.  Yes, they responded - but too little too late.  

I expect far more from a provider of COMMUNICATIONS services.  

I hope you will as well.  It's collective will that makes changes, and enough voices can make a difference.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Betaguy

The mods that comment on here, can only give so much info. You FAIL to realize that. Also how did they comment & it was too little too late? The responded the same day that message come on the screen. what did you want them to do?

The mods get told what to say from the back end team & that is what they will tell us. I do agree they should say more but they wont give anymore info out. No company does that. Yes we pay premuim but if you do not like it, then switch to another cable provider?. No one is forcing anyone to stay with Rogers.

In the end, we got AMC & AMC HD. Just let this thread die seeing as we got what we needed.

Betaguy
I Plan to Stick Around

No, I do not believe that I fail to realize anything.  Rogers can message here any way, and any time, they want to.  They have chosen not to - not until their hand was forced by the other party.  

No company does that?  Examples abound of forward-thinking companies who choose to do exactly that - engage their customers and treat them appropriately.  Including answering basic questions about product offerings.

If you do not agree with my opinions, that is fine.  I am puzzled as to your apparent defence of Rogers.   

I certainly will not stop sharing my view at your behest, that is somewhat arrogant IMO.  I respect your views, even if I do not agree with them, and would certainly not ask you to stop posting them.