AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: AMC HD

It's not just you. The season 5 premiere of Mad Men last night was just about unwatchable. Ridiculous.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed. I love AMC but i would like it to be AMC HD. I did not pay $2,300 for a Samsung LED Slim TV for nothing & pay over $200 a month on Cable for nothing as well. I would love to have the channel tho. Rogers needs to start carrying about its customers before they lose them. I can not stress this enough. Its like Rogers does not care about us. This is truly how it is.

EDIT: Look at this. People are complaining since 2010 for the channel & yet Rogers does nothing :/...

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=132170

This could be happening because of the licensing for the channel right? It could be that Only Bell & Telus TV can have the channel & not Rogers. Who knows but if by this sept they do not get it or Rogers does not start caring about us i am switching straight to bell once my Rogers cable contract is over.
I've Been Around

I am outraged about having to watch Mad Men without HD. The end.

This show is all about the visuals. It was almost unwatchable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogers..... why? People are going to switch to the alternatives if you don't take action. Smiley Mad

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I got a reply from a Mod on here saying this:

"Hello Meowmix

I have sent off the entire topic to our content teams indicating the demand to receive AMC HD"

Now lets see how long the the team takes to actually put AMC HD on the lineup. Its getting really bad.
I'm Here A Lot

It's been a while since your post about the mod contacting you Meowmix, have you heard anything further? 

I think everyone needs to call, email and harrass Rogers until they provide this channel.  Just about every other provider in Canada has AMC in HD and has had it for some time. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have not recieved any info since that las message. I called and spoke to a few Managers at the Cable department but got many different answers. Honestly all i and others want is AMC H. If this is hard for Rogers to get, then let us know..
I Plan to Stick Around

Just spent a significant amount of money getting Rogers cable, internet, phone, wireless, Ultimate everything, yada yada...and no AMC HD. 

Arguably one of the best HD channels out there in terms of great shows - they offer in SD but not HD.  Really?

Which account executive was asleep during that meeting?

Why offer a channel in SD but not HD?  Especially a niche channel like AMC where your target audience is likely to have:

a) an HD TV

b) a home theatre

c) a propensity to enjoy watching their favorite shows in a highly tuned A/V environment, with time spent setting up the audio and video to ensure an optimal experience

At what point will HD become the norm?  SD should be the option, not the current situation.

Makes no sense.

Poney up Rogers.  Please and thank you.

I offered similar feedback to the sales rep I spoke with.  Politely.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Betaguy.

You will not get ANY comment from any Rogers sells person OR any Rogers rep on here. The mods will just give the same exact message they give to anyone. You will not get the response you want because Rogers will not give that info. Rogers has released a few HD channels but AMC is not one of them. This could be due to a few things. Channel licensing & also what cable provider has exclusive rights to AMC HD. Rogers also may not want to pay the money that AMC wants to use the AMC HD channel. No one knows & no one will ever know. If a Cable provider already has the channel exclusive, Rogers can not do anything about it in which this is what others do not understand. No one was asleep at any meeting but you guys do not think in order to licence a channel & use it, it takes time & other things to get the agreement made. It takes months for this to happen. I can say for a fact that seeing that Rogers has yet released it, it might be already exclusive to Bell seeing as they have it. No one knows like i said.

I understand you have all that as well & so do the rest of us. But there are a few threads about AMC HD already. Look threw them & see barely anymore got any info from Rogers. So this will not get any info as well sadly Smiley Sad I would LOVE to watch AMC HD i really do. It sucks if AMC HD is exclusive to Bell.

Anyways here is a thread about AMC HD as well if you want to read more. Use the Search feature & find more AMC HD threads.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/highlig...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Meow mix is correct in the reasons as to why thy possibly might not have it yet.
Rogers is aiming to have as much in hd as they can. In the last month there has been 6+ chennels adde I hd which we only had in sd prior (space, etc.). I wouldn't doubt we will have it at some point, but it might take time

I Plan to Stick Around

AMC HD isn't exclusive to any one carrier.   In Canada, it is available on Shaw CableShaw DirectCogeco CableTelus, and Bell TV.

Rogers' cable TV has not had a great performance history, IMO.  After having had Rogers for years, I've had Bell for the past four years and their HD PVR and software was light-years ahead of Rogers' ancient '90s-era offering.  Even their latest guide upgrade is lacking, IMO.

It's investment vs. return IMO.  Simple as.  Money talks, as do paying customers.  If enough people make noise, someone will hear.  

Thanks.