AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: AMC HD

Hello BetaGuy

I am NOT in any way defending them. I am simple saying that the mods on here can not give much info as they are NOT allowed to from head office. This is simple as any company has those rules on place.

Also how do we all know that this was not just AMC trying to stir things up? for all we know, Rogers & AMC were in talks way before this & AMC just got fed up & started doing this right when the contract ended. How come AMC did it the same exact day the contract ended with Rogers? Did anyone ever question that? Did anyone actually sit there & see the other side as well? It takes 2 to do something like this. Believe me i have been in many business  & seen how all the tricks are done. Rogers most likely did not agree to pay for the channel ( what ever AMC wanted) so AMC waited until the contract was done to do this. Many companies do this. I have noticed this as well.

Well i am not saying not to have you share your thoughts or views but seeing as we got the channel & all, its time we just let the thread die seeing as this was ABOUT them not getting AMC HD & now they got it.

Bell, Telus, Shaw & many others do not have reps that give all the info out. I should know this because i am on most of their boards. They give out limited info just like Rogers does. Also the Rogers Community forums are made for user to user response. If you read the Rules & Policies you will see that as well. I do agree they need to come in here more & help up but those are the rules. Most boards have this as well in place.

I Plan to Stick Around

As with the Amc deal there is only so much they can say.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Great news!

AMC HD is on the air....channel 482 in Ottawa...

Moreover, just checked Rogers on Demand. Walking Dead episodes are offered in HD now.

Can't wait now til April 7 for Mad Men 2 hour season premiere. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Ch: 482 in downtown Toronto too.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Amazing!. Loving the picture so far!.

Yes it is a good picture, so all that BS from AMC about Rogers dropping them was just that; BS.  Who knows what went on but at least we got them now.

Does anyone know if SMC HD free trial will still be live for regular HD subscribers after 31 Mar?  Maybe that's material for another thread.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pmcsplaza

Honestly i just think AMC did this because the contract was up & wanted to have customers **bleep** at Rogers for nothing meanwhile both companies were talking.

Glorious HD. I just hope the Walking Dead looks better in HD on 482 than it does on demand. It looks like up-converted SD on the ROD feed, similar to what the E! HD channel looks like. Either way, I am glad that it is finally here.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

pmcsplaza wrote:

Yes it is a good picture, so all that BS from AMC about Rogers dropping them was just that; BS.  Who knows what went on but at least we got them now.

Does anyone know if SMC HD free trial will still be live for regular HD subscribers after 31 Mar?  Maybe that's material for another thread.

Peter Toronto, Downtown

Meowmix wrote:
Hello pmcsplaza

Honestly i just think AMC did this because the contract was up & wanted to have customers **bleep** at Rogers for nothing meanwhile both companies were talking.

Meowmix hit it pretty much on the head, i think.
They were in discussions for the renewal.  IF AMC could get people angry and rogers and  petitioning to keep it, it gives AMC more overhead to ask for more money for the channel, saying if Rogers didnt pay it, look at what the people will do.

AMC appears to be doing similar things to a number of other companies who are up for renewal as well.. 😞

In the end.. regargles, we got the channel 😄
Weither rogers caved into their demands, they came to a inbetween agreement, or whatever, we may never know.. but we got it though 😄

You're probably right, thanks.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto