cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMC HD

designwallah
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers added the "World Fishing Network HD" to their lineup! (Digital Home: World Fishing Network HD launches on Rogers)

Why on earth don't we have AMC HD? We used to be ableto watch Mad Men in HD on demand, but no more. We used to be able to watch Breaking Bad in HD, but during season 3, Rogers seemed to be too lazy to upload the episodes in a timely manner.

Overall, we're over-charged for a pretty crappy HD package.

designwallah.

***Edited labels***

184 REPLIES 184

Re: AMC HD

Ryked
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow and now they killed that thread?

Look's like Rogers has made an official response on Redboard.

Save the Zombies

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
It looks like all of them were merged Into one. I have replies from 3 different threads in one now.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

They moved all the same duplicate threads into one. Reason being is because there is NO need for 10+ threads of the same thing.

Anyways AMC is a American channel BUT Bell has rights for the HD version. The SD channel was first brought here from Shaw.

From what I can tell, it looks like there is a issue with BOTH AMC and Rogers. Everyone needs to chill out and relax with just blaming Rogers. It takes both companies to do something. Yes I am upset as well but I really do not believe they will pull the plug on AMC. Remember if that happens, Both AMC and Rogers will lose customers. Yes AMC added the webs pages asking for Rogers customers to bring the attention but just think for a second here, why would AMC just randomly do it now?. Has anyone thought about that?

Anyways what I am saying is that I am Blaming both AMC and Rogers for this. Until we find out more info on what is going on, I blame both. In the end both will lose MANY customers over this if it does happen. 

writergal
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm pretty sure we can get AMC programming in HD format On Demand, by the way.  Not the same as actually watching it, of course.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello writergal

We are talking about the AMC HD channel, not the Rogers on Demand listing. That is true, I rather have AMC HD channel tho.

torontoTY
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes PLEASE add AMCHD.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Meowmix wrote:

Bell has exclusive rights for AMC HD. That means Rogers may NEVER get it unless Bell agrees for Rogers to carry it. I doubt that will happen. For us to get AMC HD, we will need to keep contacting Rogers and Bell until we get it.

Rogers has posted on their Redboard site that not only are they in negotiations to continue carrying AMC, but that "HD is part of our negotiations." I really do not believe that Bell has ever had exclusive rights to carry AMC HD. Yes, they advertise that AMC HD is exclusive to Bell, but only because right now it is (in Ontario). They will obviously have to change their advertising if Rogers also negotiates a deal with AMC for their HD feed as well.

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around
"I'm pretty sure we can get AMC programming in HD format On Demand, by the way. ."

That's not the case, at least with the AMC shows I care about (Breaking Bad, etc.). They are only available in SD on demand.

StefanJ
I Plan to Stick Around

Frankly, without HD, I'd rather AMC was dropped altogether, since the channel is unwatchable now.

Smrtnz012
I've Been Around
According to the Rogers Redboard, it looks like Rogers has negotiated AMC HD to become available at the end of March...in time for the season finale of The Walking Dead and premiere of Mad Men

http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/amc-coming-to-rogers-customers-in-hd/

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
All I can say is..

Yay 😄

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Glad to see Rogers got AMC HD. I am guessing with all this AMC & Rogers realized how many customers wanted AMC & AMC HD

I am wondering now if all this was just to get everyone saying how much they like AMC & such. I am sure Rogers & AMC were talking about getting AMC HD for a while now but yea.

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Nicely done by both AMC and Rogers. I will finally be able to get rid of my old tube TV since I only use it for watching the current crappy AMC feed. Now we just need IFC, H2, and the Military Channel in HD.

pmcsplaza

See the story published in today's Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2013/03/01/rogers_amc_reach_new_distribution_deal.ht...

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

pmcsplaza:

Thanks for posting that link. Finally, will be able to watch Mad Men in HD.

pmcsplaza

Wont be long hopefully.   I wonder if we'll also get CP24 HD.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

mousetamer
I can't wait for the HD feed now that I know it is coming. This crappy feed really needs to go.

Betaguy
I Plan to Stick Around

"Hey Betaguy, looks like it was moved along with the post that was directly after yours?"

Yes, saw that, thank you.   Absolutely wonderful forum moderation here from Rogers.  Nothing for months, then jump in and post fragmented and scripted corporate responses, and jumble together replies from several other threads in a non-sensical fashion, without notifying the contributors.  Excellent.

Honestly, this company has a **bleep** of a lot to learn about treating its customers right.

Can Rogers not afford to delegate a part time resource to occasionally communicate on this forum, with simple updates?  As when they see multiple threads on the same subject...a simple:

'Hi Valued Customers, we hear and understand your frustration, and are pleased to inform you that we are in the process of negotiating with this provider and expect to have more details soon.  Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your business.'

I am getting close to pulling the trigger on cable cancellation and going the Netflix and download route.  $100/month for HD cable is not sitting well with me when Rogers can't even be bothered to provide simple answers to simple questions - let alone provide the top channels out there.

BEFORE the threads were merged, there was actually that very type of reply, on every single thread (from RogersSarah, i beleive).  Those were added on i think the monday or so, after the issue arose.
After the thread was merged, no, there wasnt any more added (well, there was no updates either, till the annoucement).  Yes, they should have come back and announced in the thread here as well as for the update once it was annouced thaty they were able to make a deal with AMC. 

(normaly they DO notify about moves via PM's.. maybe they didnt this time 😞  )

Personaly, i was watching the whole thing from their various media outlets.. Facebook, here, redboard, etc.  They were actualy pretty good.. of all the 1000's of posts on facebook, i would say they responded with a message that they were in negotiations, and expected a good outcome, to about 75% of all individual peoples posts there.

On the day that AMC started posting the messages on the TV, rogers posted on facebook, a thing again saying just that, they dont plan on dropping it and are in negotiations and expec a good outcome.   That didnt stop, over the week, 1000's of people posting and questinging if they were droping it.  Why?  They didnt take the few seconds to READ the other stuff, read the other posts, and find out that information which was provided to them.

reidjr
I Plan to Stick Around

What i think we all have to understand is Rogers or any company do work hard to try and get us the channels we want but some times its not simple and it takes time and we also should keep in mind Rogers does have most top line channels.

Betaguy
I Plan to Stick Around

Folks - we are paying a premium for these services - cable, internet, etc.  $100/month just for HD cable in my case.  Then add internet, phone, mobile and there is a significant investment here.

I expect FAR better service than I am receiving.  If you are happy with the way Rogers has handled their communications here, that is fine.  I am not. 

Social channels increasingly empower consumers to message their needs and feedback to companies.  The AMC campaign woke Rogers up in this regard, and we all saw their hasty and non-cohesive response.  Yes, they responded - but too little too late.  

I expect far more from a provider of COMMUNICATIONS services.  

I hope you will as well.  It's collective will that makes changes, and enough voices can make a difference.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?