AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: AMC HD

I'm pretty sure we can get AMC programming in HD format On Demand, by the way.  Not the same as actually watching it, of course.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello writergal

We are talking about the AMC HD channel, not the Rogers on Demand listing. That is true, I rather have AMC HD channel tho.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes PLEASE add AMCHD.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Meowmix wrote:

Bell has exclusive rights for AMC HD. That means Rogers may NEVER get it unless Bell agrees for Rogers to carry it. I doubt that will happen. For us to get AMC HD, we will need to keep contacting Rogers and Bell until we get it.

Rogers has posted on their Redboard site that not only are they in negotiations to continue carrying AMC, but that "HD is part of our negotiations." I really do not believe that Bell has ever had exclusive rights to carry AMC HD. Yes, they advertise that AMC HD is exclusive to Bell, but only because right now it is (in Ontario). They will obviously have to change their advertising if Rogers also negotiates a deal with AMC for their HD feed as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

"I'm pretty sure we can get AMC programming in HD format On Demand, by the way. ."

That's not the case, at least with the AMC shows I care about (Breaking Bad, etc.). They are only available in SD on demand.
I Plan to Stick Around

Frankly, without HD, I'd rather AMC was dropped altogether, since the channel is unwatchable now.

I've Been Around

According to the Rogers Redboard, it looks like Rogers has negotiated AMC HD to become available at the end of March...in time for the season finale of The Walking Dead and premiere of Mad Men

http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/amc-coming-to-rogers-customers-in-hd/
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All I can say is..

Yay 😄

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Glad to see Rogers got AMC HD. I am guessing with all this AMC & Rogers realized how many customers wanted AMC & AMC HD

I am wondering now if all this was just to get everyone saying how much they like AMC & such. I am sure Rogers & AMC were talking about getting AMC HD for a while now but yea.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Nicely done by both AMC and Rogers. I will finally be able to get rid of my old tube TV since I only use it for watching the current crappy AMC feed. Now we just need IFC, H2, and the Military Channel in HD.