AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: AMC HD

Hello TrueNorth10

Bell has exclusive rights for AMC HD. That means Rogers may NEVER get it unless Bell agrees for Rogers to carry it. I doubt that will happen. For us to get AMC HD, we will need to keep contacting Rogers and Bell until we get it.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Where did you get your info Meowmix?  In Canada, AMC HD is available on Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct, Telus, and Bell. In fact Shaw was the first in Canada to launch AMC in HD. I personally think that if Rogers really wanted to offer AMC in HD they could. Unfortunately, Rogers is not about providing customer satisfaction any more!

upsdriver9
I Plan to Stick Around

actually Meowmix information is 100% correct, AMC HD is an exclusive channel to Bell - Shaw is affiliated with bell, and that is why bell has allowed it to carry, I am sure rogers will carry that channel one day, but as it stands, if you see the ad's on tv or radio or even on TTC shelter posters it says right on there that it is a Bell exclusive channel.. so unless rogers pays bell what bell wants, then it aint gonna happen anytime soon..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello IHR

Bell has the excursive rights to AMC HD. Just like UPSDriver9 said, Shaw is affiliated with bell so that is how Shaw has it. If Rogers wants it, they will need to pay & do what Bell wants. Its the same way if Bell wants a Channel that Rogers has excursive rights too!. Also like upsdriver9 said, i saw a ad on the TTC subway yesterday saying how Watching Walking dead in HD on AMC HD is ONLY on The Bell Fibe TV. Underneath it said " AMC HD is exclusive to Bell:. I should have taken a picture but way to many people in the subway.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

If either of you can provide a reference as to Shaw being affiliated with Bell, please do so. I can find no such reference anywhere. In actual fact, AMC officially became available in Canada for customers of Shaw Communications in 2006 (both the cable service and the Shaw Direct satellite system), marking the first time the channel was made available outside of the United States. This is a full three years before Bell added AMC to their lineup. I do not think that the reason Shaw has AMC HD is because Bell has allowed them to have it.

Also, saying that  "AMC HD is exclusive to Bell" does not mean that Bell has exclusive rights to AMC HD. Besides, we all know how to take advertising with a grain of salt as the real truth is often stretched just a wee bit. I would interpret this to suggest that of the three major companies operating in Ontario (Bell, Rogers, and Cogeco), that Bell is the only company that has currently negotiated an agreement to carry AMC in HD. Also, once again, I can find no reference on-line that Bell in fact has "exclusive rights" to AMC HD. But they can advertise that AMC HD is "exlusive to Bell" (for now) and hope to draw some customers away from Rogers or Cogeco!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

At least according to the wikipedia entry (which could not be 100% accurate)..

-Shaw had AMC as a whole, first.

-All of the major ones, have it now.

-Bell was the first, to get AMC HD, in 2009.  Others have got it afterwards.

In the end.. IF it was such a CHEAP and EASY thing to gain this channel.. i would think with the demand, etc rogers would just do it, it would only benifit them.

Weither a rights thing in canada... or even just a plain $$$ amount right to who owns AMC, in my opinion, there would have to be something holding them back on it.... to just not provide it for no reason, is just shooting themselves in the foot.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

It would not be the first time that Rogers has been slow off the mark to acquire the rights to an individual channel. Rogers will of course not comment because it is their policy not to comment on services they do not yet provide. But I think that only Rogers knows the real reason why they do not yet carry AMC HD. 

awawia
I've Been Around

I watch TV all the time.  I have four TV's in my house and we watch AMC quite frequently.  Please do not remove this channel from my cable.  

computerwiz
I've Been Around

there are alot of people out there that love amc and i think that taking it away is just a money scam so all those people can buy it back rogers costs enough as it is its absolute bs what bandwidth costs if your with rogers. and im sure that rogers will begin to lose customers if they take it away so i encourage everyone that loves amc to post their opinion on the petition if they dont want it taken away

wakeup
I've Been Here Awhile

KEEEP AMC

***edited for content***