AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: AMC HD

Hello gottafly

There is another 4 threads about AMC HD & such. I have complained but remember, Bell has the excusive rights to AMC HD, if they do not want Rogers to have it, they will not let them have it. Simple. Also remember, we have no idea what is going on thus we can not assume why Rogers is getting it by saying " Its the CRTC fault". Any rep can say that but they say anything out of their mouths anyways.

I Plan to Stick Around

AMC HD is not only available on bell because cogeco has it on too. It is just that rogers has not bothered to purchase it for us. The same as they purchased ID for a month and then it went back to being a normal channel. Bell just wants to charge a lot to the other companies to carry the channels they own. Thank god the CRTC stopped bell from buying atlantic or we would be locked out of other channels too. But you can really still blame rogers because they charge us out the yin yang and won't spend more out of their profit to give us more value. My bill is 250 a month and I still am stuck with crappy channels on my HDTV, very disappointed. If you have an HD box everything should be HD by now and vice versa for people without HD.

I'm a Senior Advisor

While I do agree with you 100% regarding AMC HD, I can also attest to the fact that we are still getting ID HD - at least where we are. It is found on Ch. 499. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Betaguy, I had the same experience, too. When the Rogers rep put a quote together for me, I actually emailed the Rep a list of channels I absolutely needed in HD; AMC being one of them. He assured me that YES, it was included in the HD Pack. Well...it is not. And AMC in SD looks like **bleep**e, as I'm sure you already know. Bell does offer it in HD and boy do I miss that. The Walking Dead just does not look the same at all. As I've just literally switched over to Rogers this past Saturday, the Customer Care person on the phone did imply it's in the works to get AMC in HD, but she was probably just saying that to me for all I know.

Does anyone know if it really 'is' in the works? Sorry this is only my 2nd post on this forum so I apologize if this has been asked a gazillion times.

Guess I'll be downloading each episode as it airs, then copying onto a disc to watch on TV lol.......Walkers just don't look as scary when they are smaller and blurry!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Chianabanana

No one here knows that for sure. Every rep gives out different answers to everyone. For all we know, it could be in the works & Rogers does not want to say anything. For all we know again Rogers may never get it in HD unless Bell lets them.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

From my experience, the reps don't really know the answer as the department that deals with that keeps their information quiet but as with all these things one has to be very patient as they seem to take an inordinate time to happen.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure why Rogers doesn't promote more of there "in the works" stuff, thought that was the purpose of Redboard?

For example, noticed last night that I suddenly have a consistent 3meg upload??? When did that happen? I checked the Rogers website and it looks like all of the packages have been updated along with the addition of Fiber.

So does that mean Rogers is now in the works of adding their own version of Fibe TV? Didn't think there were limitations to the coax cable network but apparently there are hence the move to fiber. 

Watching last nights episode of The Walking Dead in SD sucked! On a 106" screen the fuzziness is terrible, of course having to zoom the picture to fit doesn't help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The fiber area, is a VERY small area.. it will be along while for that.

There has been announcements.  Any users plan who was getting the new speed increases, SHOULD have got a message pop up in the web broswer, pushed out by rogers, notifying of this.
Now, if someone closed/acknoledged it, you would never see it again.

Fiber overall, IF it can be used.. had a higher total bandwith capability.. so yes, its the best thing to use, IF it can be done.  I have it, direct into my work here (compared to bell, where it fiber to the closest CO, then twisted pair to your house).  A proper 'fibre' router, cost a couple thousand dollars, and running the lines, same thing.. cost about 30k to run about 1/2 a km. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Gdkitty,

Bell offers Fibre To The Home (FTTH) in new areas of Montreal, the will eventually offer it to many other areas, but I have to say even though I am in an older neighbourhood of toronto, I get Fiber to The Node and The quality of picture and speed on here is unbelievable, I can only imagine if it was in an FTTH area, but like I said the HD picture quality on the fibre Optik is amazing even though it is just to the node, but then again I am very close to the CO...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

From what I've read online even Bell Fibe has many detractors, so the grass isn't always greener on the other side, to quote a very tired adage.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto