AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: AMC HD

I was buying a lot of HD shows on Apple Tv that were AMC; Walking Dead, Mad Men, **bleep** on Wheels - So I figured I would upgrade my basic digital package on Rogers to HD VIP. Signed for 2 years.. Guess what...No AMC HD.  I couldn't believe it.

I checked out the standard def AMC channel and it looks like crap. I have not seen any answer from Rogers on this issue. I have a hard time believing they can't afford to buy it. I feel like an idiot for not checking first to see if they had it, but why wouldn't they have it?! Rogers figure this out please, it's kind of a big deal. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While yes it could be a $$ issue.. that Bell wants X for it, and rogers beleives its too much.

But it could also be.. that bell is saying "Nope.. its an exclusive to us right now" and wont let them.

SpaceHD was like this for over a year.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I also think its Bell Saying " No Deal... its an exclusive to Bell Only!!!" that is what the billboards on the TTC Stops are advertising that AMC HD is only on FIBE TV also that is what the ad's running on the newspaper says. So it looks like it has nothing to do with money or how much it costs, I just think Bell wants to keep it all to themselves... Hey its their channel and they can do whatever it is they want... Guess We the rogers customers will just have to get used to the AMC SD Channel only...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

or just do what I do and download hte HD version of the show about 15 minutes after its over when everyone as i online. Its a little inconvenient but ten you get to watch it in HD

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I would like to know When Rogers Cable will be offering the following tv channels.

ABC Spark SD/ HD
Hollywood Suite 4 HD cHANNELS
Cartoon Network
AMC HD
CP24 HD
NTV HD
SPIKE HD
BET HD
WNLO HD
WNYO HD
E HD
COMEDY HD

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers doesn't tell us when HD channels are coming. You just have to wait until they show up. A lot of it has to do with ownership and rights to the channel. Case in point being Space HD which took many months to show up on Rogers, while Bell had it available for its clients. If you are in a huge rush to get some of the channels right now, switch to Fibe or Bell's satellite service.

Highlighted

@SMCKINNON wrote:
I would like to know When Rogers Cable will be offering the following tv channels.

ABC Spark SD/ HD
Hollywood Suite 4 HD cHANNELS
Cartoon Network
AMC HD
CP24 HD
NTV HD
SPIKE HD
BET HD
WNLO HD
WNYO HD
E HD
COMEDY HD

There isn't a CP24 HD but there is channel 566 (well it's that in Toronto) - CNCHD or CityNews Channel instead.   Which now makes me wonder if any of the others you listed come in HD.   Have you checked?

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hey pmcsplaze,

actually SMCKINNON is right, there is a CP24HD, its available on Bell fibe TV, my friend has Bell Fibe and all those channels mentioned on here are available already on Bell Fibe, so the channels are available just not to rogers yet, I always wondered why Rogers takes so long to get channels that are of interest to us, but they get international channels with an ease... does not make sense but I guess its how Rogers operates.

Guess we are stuck paying for what rogers offers and only that... It will be years before we get all those channels mentioned here, unless we switch to Bell....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah Mousetamer, unfortunately that is what alot of rogers customers will be doing once it is available in their area's, they will switch in a flash, unfortunately Rogers will only realize this when most have left... sad but true.... I am just waiting for my contract to end with rogers, should be another month or so, and I am out of here....

Highlighted

I don't see CP24HD in their channel lineup.  I think you are getting confused by the announcement from CP24 of the launch of their new 'HD look' format.

Rogers carried CNCHD on ch.566 in my area, which is their HD equivalent of CP24.   Incidentally at first glance I don't see that listed in Bell Fibe's list.

By the way you might want to monitor the web for criticism from Bell Fibe customers which I find is just as prevalent  and pretty-well identical to that for Rogers Cable.

Thus far, the only attraction of Fibe to me would be their PVR which has more capabilities, although even that is rather over-blown in their ads according to what I read online.

Peter
Toronto