AMC HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: AMC HD

Very disappointed that we're going to miss yet another great AMC show's season in HD, as Walking Dead starts up again this week.   If Bell has a monopoly on this channel, I wish Rogers would just say that it'll be unable to add it for the foreseeable future, instead of crushing our hopes every time another season of Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men, etc. premieres.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey StefanJ

I don't know if you read the newspaper last week, but according to the half page ad that was on there, AMC HD is only available to Bell - that is the reason why Rogers is not able to get it, I guess it is one of those Bell Channels and Bell does whatever it wants with it,, I find this very sad as I also was so badly lookiing forward to seeing Walking Dead on HD, So I guess we can stop hoping that rogers gets this channel in HD as that ad specifically stated that AMC HD was only available on Bell... Oh well we lose out again..Thanks Rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is correct. Bell has the exclusive rights to AMC HD. If Bell does not want to share, then no one gets it. Its not Rogers fault here but they should had done something in the start. None the less i am really upset i can not watch shows like Walking Dead HD and such.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix

Yeah it is upsetting cause I too enjoy the series on AMC and it just isnt the same not watching them on HD!! Well Bell sure has a grip on this channel, as they are the exclusive holders of it and they wont let rogers or anyone else get it.. and it will only get worse if they get that Astral Deal... they will have control of the major channels when that happens, Yeah Rogers should of let us the customers know what is going on instead of leading us on... Oh well nothing we can do, goodbye AMC HD!!! hehehe

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@upsdriver9

The problem is that if Bell does strike the deal with Astral Media, Rogers will have no part in those channels & most likely will charge us more if they do get the channels. It does suck because i thought this world was about sharing NOT having companies buy every single channel & making it exclusive to their end.

Maybe in 8 months when my contract is done with Rogers on cable, i will make a choice if i want to stay with Rogers or go to someone else.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not that it will help with THIS season.. but you never know.

Space HD, was said to be a bell exclusive, I actualy called bell prentending to get info about switching, and 2 people said it was a bell exclusive, which it was at the time.

And now we have it.

I wouldnt doubt we will get it at SOME point, but yeah i wouldnt hold you breath for anything soon, until rogers caves, or bell relaxes.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@GDkitty

The thing is that Rogers does not want to pay the amount that Bell or the providers want. Rogers owes it to their customers to AT LEAST pay up a bit more for a channel that the customers want.

Bell most likely will control 75% of the cable channels & such by the end of 2014. I can see it to be honest. If Rogers does not stand up & pay up, that will happen.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh i understand, alot of it is them not wanting to pay X much for it.

But you know, if they DID do that in the end.. it would just come back to us.. oh we had to pay this much more for the other channels... so now we have to raise your monthly cost 😞

But i do agree.. they do need to do SOMETHING to stay competative.. or they will fall behind.

I Plan to Stick Around

I totally have to agree with Meowmix on this one, Rogers should make the effort to pay whatever it is that Bell is asking at least they owe it to us the customers who have been with them for centuries. and Meowmix I am with you too buddy as soon as my contract is up in 4 months I will be switching over to the other side, I know people have said that the grass is always greener on the other side till we get there, but honestly I don't care, I will put up with the other providers like I have with rogers, but at least I will be getting the channels I want and pay for.. Rogers needs to wake up soon.. before its too late....customers are looking else where for more and better.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Bell and Rogers proved they can work together when they bought MLSE (unfortunately, there's no hockey this year!).

In the spirit of co-operation, you would think these 2 behemoths can work out a reasonable deal for their respective channels.

But I guess no company can ever be rich enough ...