ABC Sparks

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avadora
I've Been Around

Re: ABC Sparks

It's crazy to see that a large tv company like Rogers doesn't carry ABC Spark. How are we supposed to watch the shows that we were previously watching on other channels. It's so unfair. If you want to keep your customer i would say get this channel. Very disappointed and frustrated.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed. I really think its Rogers on this. Rogers is the one allowing the previews to happen.

This is what someone has been posting on every message left on Facebook from Angry & upset people

"Actually Rogers did not advertise ABC Spark... ABC Spark Advertiste on YTV and W-Network.. did you know that YTV and W-Network is owned by Corus (which you know DUSK TV is shut down, DUSK TV is owned by Corus... Corus's decision to shut down the DUSK TV). now ABC Spark is assets by Corus. That mean.. Corus is advertise the ABC Spark on YTV and W-Network.. it has nothing to do with Rogers... It is simple.. that Rogers will not offer.. (if you look at WIKI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Spark ) I am not sure who decide to not offer ABC Spark.. (Corus or Rogers). ABC Spark will not be on Rogers or Videotron.

I think Corus (owned ABC Spark) don't want focus on Rogers and Videorton. I tink it is Corus's decision (not Rogers) I DUNNO who fault.

Upon its soft launch, ABC Spark was initially made available to subscribers of Access Communications, Cogeco, Novus, Shaw Cable, Westman Communications, Source Cable and EastLink, among other cable providers. Rogers Cable and Vidéotron are currently the largest Canadian pay television providers without carriage agreements with ABC Spark; as such, the channel's carriage in major metropolitan areas such as Toronto, Quebec City and Montreal is limited solely to national satellite providers Bell TV and Shaw Direct, and IPTV provider Bell Fibe TV.

Now if you look at channel finer on ABC Spark Canada website. on bottom.. it said "** Please note: Channel start dates vary. Please contact your television provider to find out when they are launching ABC Spark." that mean it is up to TV provider to start early or late.

so Cogeco has confirmed (on Wiki) will carrying but they might start late.. it is their decision (not ABC Spark) upon the agreement signed first (fee payment)"
miker
I'm Here A Lot

anyone hoping rogers will respond to puplic pressure to add ABC SPARK  would do well to remember TSN2  under tremondous pressure on a daily basis they were willing to hold out for months and months and months before adding this channel

smileydeb55
I've Been Around

I can't believe I am paying so much money for Rogers and they don't have ABC Sparks channel so our family and friends can continue to watch "Switched at Birth" some who have Bell have it! Why don't we!!!!  I guess it is time to switch television provider :*(

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I guess so. I can understand if its the company but the company would have said "Rogers will not be getting the channels" Also they would not be showing previews of it if Rogers would not get it.
barcelos
I've Been Around

Really upset to hear ABC Sparks is not offered by Rogers - My kids have been looking forward to it.  The free month was a you provided was a teaser and now we are all upset.  I am being forced by my family to switch to Bell and after being with you so many years i really hate to do this.  Can you give me a time frame when you will launch it - this will at least give us sometime to adjust..... YOU HAVE BEEN GOING GREAT UNTIL NOW..... GET SPARKS to much everyone happy.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

They will not give anyone a timeline or any other info. The only thing they tell everyone is:

"Hi. (insert your name). thanks very much for your feedback. At this time we are not offering Spark, but are always reviewing our packaging and programming and will relay your feedback to the broader team."

This is the same reply they give out to each & every person that asks about ABC Spark over on facebook & twitter. So really you will not get any more info then them. It sucks because i got a call from my friend that works at a Rogers plus store & already 17 people have came in & Cancelled the service due to this & a few other reasons. ( most the ABC Spark made them cancel.) So all in all i hope Rogers is happy.

SammyB
I've Been Around

For those looking to watch the ABC Spark shows ABC Spark just posted episodes (in full) for The Secret Life and Make It or Break It on their website. Direct links here:

The Secret Life: http://www.freeinternettvcanada.ca/shows-page-s.html

Make It or Break It: http://www.freeinternettvcanada.ca/shows-page-m.html

nrapallo
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ABC Spark

I missed "Switched at Birth" yesterday, so my exodus has begun....

Regards,

-Nick

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: ABC Spark

I or my girlfriend are going to call Bell or Shaw & see which company is offering the best promotion & plans as well. From there we will make a decision & leave Rogers. This might not be Rogers fault BUT they have dropped the ball on getting channels the customers want. They do not offers AMC HD, Peachtree HD, ABC Spark & other channels in which their competitors have & are offering.