ABC Sparks

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
judiep
I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Re: ABC Sparks

I am once again disappointed in Rogers, this time with the television. In the past they have taken away channel's like the Newfoundland Channel and now they have the opportunity to have their customers enjoy family friendly television (since there is so little) and they have said no. If I didn't live in a condo that had a 10 contract with Rogers I would switching to BELL.

Mathieug023
I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Re: ABC Sparks

They should add it cause it sucks when you used to be able too watch a show on rogers and then you cant .. Its like buying something and thdn they take away what is worth paying for
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 32,120

Re: ABC Sparks

Seeing as this as been going for a long time, I really doubt Rogers will carry the channel. Its a disappointment to all. I just found this:

"Shortly after the channel's launch, the CRTC published notice of a pending application to transfer the ABC Spark licence to the numbered company which previously owned Dusk, which is 51% owned by Corus and 49% owned by Shawn Media"

 

This is why Shaw is carrying it. Shaw Media owns 49% of the channel & the other 51% is owned by Corus Entertainment.

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_Spark

 

 

This could explain why Rogers is not carrying the channel. Hmm any thoughts?

BJO
I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Re: ABC Sparks

I am very disappointed that Rogers is not offering the ABC Spark channel - unless this changes, I will have a very good reason to change service providers.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 14,333

Re: ABC Sparks

Its not always an IF, its sometimes a WHEN.

 

As this thread has stated.. channels are often owned by different companies.. often some of the bigger ones, bell, shaw, etc.

And to get to be able to use that channel.. other providers often have to pay rights to them to be able to.

For example, space has had an HD channel for quite a while.. no sign of it on rogers, till today actualy! 🙂

 

So they are working on getting more to us.. may just take time and mediation to get them.



Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 14,333

Re: ABC Sparks

Just looked on channel 69 here, and its a free preview of abc spark. Don't remember seeing it before. So I'm guessing we are finally getting it? Not sure what bundle one would need for it.


Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 32,120

Re: ABC Sparks

Cool to know GDkitty.

The problem is that i do not believe they are getting it UNLESS they announce it. Free previews mean nothing at all. They did this actually before with ABS Spark & then took it down if i remember a few days later.

Its nice to see a free preview BUT i rather see them announce it before i get my hopes up. Rogers has disappointed all of us lately like this..
FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 847

Re: ABC Sparks

From what I can see on the Rogers site, ABC Spark will be a part of the VIP packages after the free preview ends. If you do not have VIP, you will lose it. I can only guess that a few more customers will be angered!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 14,333

Re: ABC Sparks

Ah, thanks IHR, that part of the site doesn't play well on my mobile, so I couldn't check.

Well, at least with VIP is better than it being on a 'custom' specialty package :p.


RogersSupriyo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Posts: 8

Re: ABC Sparks

Hello everyone!

 

Just to let everyone know that we have introduced many new channels over the years - and ABC Spark and ABC Spark HD are on many of our packages! For the list of our current programs and channels, please visit here.

 

Thanks!

View solution in original post