9900 & 9810 Blackberries.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: 9900 & 9810 Blackberries.

Ho provato a inviare un email ma non mi è possibile forse perchè abito in italia e non funziona il mio codice postale. ho la seguente domanda da porre a voi

Rogers dear ..
I write from Italy, I live here in Italy, I saw that on your site you can buy the Backberry 9810 Torch II white, very nice indeed.
But I would like to hear from you if you can buy it from you online, telephone-only mode at a cost of $ 599.99.
If yes, then I can use it here in Italy with my mobile operator? or, as I read on the internet that I need an unlock code?
I hope your answer in a quick and happy.
Many Regards Emilio

Secure your kind reply thank you!

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

From what is available on Rogers.com it looks like you can order the device on its own online for 599 plus tax. Although I'm pretty confident that they will not be able to ship the device to you in Italy.

Next the device WILL be locked to Rogers network. This doesnt mean that you can't unlock it but this may void the warranty of the device.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I recently got a blackberry 9900 and it has been pretty good so far, but I find that the screen locks and does not let me scroll through my current conversations every now and then. And the screen also goes black while i am using it and does not come back on even if i try pressing the on button or other keys, eventually it re-appears. I'm not sure if someone can help me with this but im just trying to figure out if this is a normal occurance for this phone or if it is just my phone that is doing this?

Thanks!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Has anybody experienced battery problems with the Torch 9810?

I'm starting to have issues and it is less than 3 months old.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope none here. If you are having issues with the phone & it dies pretty fast & all then i suggest you call rogers & ask them to send you a replacement & once you receive that one you send yours to them. A swap if you want to call it. Tell them what is going on & they will try & see what they can do.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thx Meowmix.

What I did in the meantime was I deleted useless apps that I had downloaded, wiped the SD card (formatted it), then copied the contents again and now it all seems to be working fine. I also checked that the device software was up to date.

My solution might have been an overkill, but the phone is now working well again. Perhaps I had a crappy app running, draining the battery? Who knows.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@ltadptr wrote:

Thx Meowmix.

What I did in the meantime was I deleted useless apps that I had downloaded, wiped the SD card (formatted it), then copied the contents again and now it all seems to be working fine. I also checked that the device software was up to date.

My solution might have been an overkill, but the phone is now working well again. Perhaps I had a crappy app running, draining the battery? Who knows.

What you did was the one of the right things to do.  Returning your phone at the first sign of trouble is overkill.  Here are some tips for extending your battery life, courtesy of RIM:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/blackberry101/tips/saving.jsp

I hope that helps you.  🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Very good tip BillJ. I was speaking to someone that had the same issue today & they did delete some apps in which did help the battery. On my 9900 i am getting at least 8 hours on battery life on it with about 12 app & 3 if them on all day.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix, 8 hours with some apps running constantly doesn't sound too bad (for a 9900, that is).  I wasn't completely comfortable with my 9900 so I went and forked out $500+ for a Torch 9860.  Great phone but imagine my surprise to find out it has the same battery as the 9900.  😞

Oh well, live and learn.  In every other respect, I prefer the 9860.  🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea i am trading my 9900 with someone for the 9860 ( Hopefully). I like the all touch from RIM. Hopefully its better then the 9900 bold lol