982.124.18 en CA Help needed!! pretty plz!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

982.124.18 en CA Help needed!! pretty plz!

Hi i have a motorola xt910 that i bought here in south east asia, now there is an update 982.124.18 en.CA, but seeing as how my tele provider isnt rogers and that im.halfway across the globe should i install this update? I have it.downloaded but havent installed it due to fear of bricking my phone, any help? Will my phone stop working if i installed it? Its a phone that is no longer availing Rogers service will the update screw it up? Or shud i just keep pressing "install later" kindly someone help!!! 

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 982.124.18 en CA Help needed!! pretty plz!

Hello timmanlahori

Which device do you have?. If anything just do not install it. It has Rogera bloatware on it. It will not brick the phone as that should not happen even if the phone is not with Rogers.
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks.Meowixx, i have a Motorola XT910. Sure i shudnt.install it? I got.a.wrong feelin myself
I'm Here A Lot

U sure sir? If so how do i get of the timely notification abt it? Shud i hard reset it n backup the apps thru some app? Possible? Im sorry but i really need some help in the droid world as an ex.iPhone guy
I'm Here A Lot

I meant get rid of the system update notification?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello timmanlahori

There is no way to get rid of them. It will stay there until you do the update. Try doing a factory reset & back up the phone. See if that would help it.
I'm Here A Lot

Well im screwed i guess due to an old old laptop IE9 wont let me make a motocast id, another way wud be to get a SD card and backup on that, my xt910 isnt.rooted which i think means isnt jailbroken, any idea which backup app would get the job done and keep my phone runnin on the present 672.... somethin software
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello timmanlahori

You can go to one of your friends or famiies computer & do it that way. If you do not want to do the update, then do not do it. It will not install unless you do it your self.