90002 Disconnect message from Final Fantasy 14 using the CGN3ACSMR Router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

90002 Disconnect message from Final Fantasy 14 using the CGN3ACSMR Router

I keep getting disconnect from my game and the more and more research I do into this diconnect error is making me believe it might be something to do with my router. 

All other games work fine plus netflix and other streaming services it only seems to be this game. 

I am running software version 4.4.8.13 

my download speeds I am getting are 130.69 mbps

upload  11.15 mbps

Latency 12 ms

and Jitter 1ms

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 90002 Disconnect message from Final Fantasy 14 using the CGN3ACSMR Router

There are a couple other threads in here about this modem.

99% chance i gaurantee the problem is..  the bug in the current version of the firmware.

What you need to do, is contact @CommunityHelps, with your internet account number, and the MAC address on your modem.

They can push out a new firmware to the modem (which has not been globaly released yet), which i BET will fix your issues.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are a couple other threads in here about this modem.

99% chance i gaurantee the problem is..  the bug in the current version of the firmware.

What you need to do, is contact @CommunityHelps, with your internet account number, and the MAC address on your modem.

They can push out a new firmware to the modem (which has not been globaly released yet), which i BET will fix your issues.

View solution in original post

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks going to request update now. Hopefully fixes issue

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gdkitty is absolutely correct.  Here is additional info that can help.  Please read the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

Then, to request the firmware update, follow this link @CommunityHelps to get to the CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum.  On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message".  Use that link to get to the next message composition page, fill in the title, your modem MAC address and Cable Account Reference Number in the text area and hit send.  If the staff are not too busy, you might see the firmware pushed out either late this evening or overnight during the scheduled maintenance periods.  If not, it should be pushed out no later than tomorrow night.

If you are a new customer, you will not have immediate access to the Cable Account Reference Number.  The simple solution is to call Customer Service for that number.  You can then send that with the modem MAC address to CommunityHelps.

Note that this firmware is now being released to all CGN3ACSMRs in the network and that should be finished as of Friday 10 Jul 2015.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Jsanford, nice to see a fellow Realm Reborn player on here. I know the fix for the 90002 as I used to get that error very often and it only affected that game.

First a couple things, I need to make sure that you are using the cable modem as your full router, you are not using an additional router behind the cable modem right? IF you are, make sure you call into tech support to have your cable modem to be switched from gateway mode into bridging mode.

Also make sure you have the latest Cable Modem Fireware pushed to you ( Message @CommunityHelps ) with your cable account number + MacHW ID and request the firmware to be pushed to you. Personally anyone that plays online games will only benefit with the latest firmware in my opinion.

To resolve the 90002, you MUST add port forwarding/firewall excludes for the Realm Reborn ports:

TCP:

(These are port ranges, must add all of them)

54992 to 54994

55006 to 55007

55021 to 55040

The reasoning behind why you keep getting dropped is because of the poor networking code design of Realm Reborn. What they do is, they 'use a different port' for different things in the game. They use one port for your chat, one port for your character, one port for login, etc. If any of the ports is lossed or out of sync, it will give you the 90002 disconnect error. By the way, apparently the 'login/authentication' servers are in Europe. The main game servers I believe are in Montreal (hosted by IWEB).

As long as you port forward those ports, I am sure you will be fine, it was the solution for me. For sure the game is not enjoyable when you randomly get disconnected with 90002 so often 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Jsanford, did you get your issue resolved? It would be nice if you could let the community know just so that if your issue is resolved others may be able to helped by this as well!