Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Constantly reboots by itself. Very sluggish channel changing. Locks up when your delete unwanted channels (which took me about an hour to do) I wish I could get my HD 8300 back. On my third 8642 now.

***Edited labels***

Steve
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 8642

Possibly just a bad box.

I have not deleted channels myself though.

But other than that, have had verry little problem with it, and owned mine for over a year now.  Only one lockup with the new IPG when deleting a file.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

my initial question would be do you have the newer guide,  The 8642 box with the original guide loaded much quicker than the preivious Digital boxes.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes, i do have the new guide, and the whole home PVR.

Got a slight delay in commands yesterday, but thats the first time since i had the ipg updated.

Highlighted

The box is getting worse and worse. It requires a reboot a few times a day. Also it reboots by itself. The staff at the rogers store said it was driving them crazy with all the box returns. I'm trying to get my 8300 back. Another thing. I shift work so I'm watching tv late at night. Around 2 am the box reboots and says it is downloading network udate. This happens every night. I know better now not to watch anything on tv at that time now. This totally sucks for my 300 bucks a month!

Steve
Highlighted

And I repeat. This is my 3rd box so far and they all did the same thing.

Steve
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe you should just put it under a bus! Sorry!! I know how you feel. The equipment supplied by Rogers is absolute garbage.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

on my fourth one they are garbage

mine has again locked up after a wonderful update

Highlighted

I have the 8642 PVR and I don't have any of the issues people are talking about.

NOTE:  I am using the old quide.  I asked Rogers to switch me back about a week after they introduced the new guide due to it's performance issues.

If you don't need the Netbox feature, get Rogers to swittch you back to the old guide.  No need to go all the way back to the 8300 PVR to fix your issues.

We are usually not up at 2:00 AM so I am not sure about the quantity of upgrades compared to the new guide, but if they are happening, they are not causing me any issues.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mfait

Actually the updates during the night on the 8642 HDPVR Nextbox with the new guide causes a few issues.

1) Leaves the LED front display on
2.) reboots the box
3.) Leaves the box on at times.

& many more. Research on here & see how many people like my self hate this. Its gotten to the point of WHY should be downgrade to a older guide just to not have issues? You know? Bring out something better then buggy OS for the cable boxes.

Once you go to the old Guide, you will not have updates during the night or anything like that BECAUSE you are using the old guide.

Rogers stopped selling the 8300 PVR almost a year ago once they brought out the NextBox.