8642 (Nextbox 2) er:62 what does it mean ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

8642 (Nextbox 2) er:62 what does it mean ?

Last week my purchased Nexbox 2.0 dispalyed er:62, started counting in Hex down from Fxx to 000,  displayed BOOT and a few things more, then repeated this sequence endlessly.  Called Rogers to today to find out what er:62 means.  After checking with her peers in customer service and after I requested it with "the higher up techs", apparently no-one knows. Other than the machine is is likely KAPUT.  

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE ERROR CODES OF A NEXTBOX 2  (or for that matter, a NEXTBOX 3) actually mean ??

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: 8642 (Nextbox 2) er:62 what does it mean ?

er:62
I assume Error 62.
My question would be, doing the Hex Down Fxx to 000, did you attempt to power cycle? or while it stated any message?

Also did you purchase this box from rogers store? or another customer/thirdparty?

At Roger Store, you would have warranty. The warranty for these guys will easily replace you with another one. No problem.

So I hope you purchased this at Rogers Store, but I have a feeling you purchased it independantly?

Any update would be helpful! (I am also going to look into Er:62 while i wait for your response)

Edit: Looked the Error code up.

It is a Box Failure, either Hard Drive Failure (If its a PVR) or a motherboard failure (Internet Memory).

Either way, This needs to be replaced.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

er:62
I assume Error 62.
My question would be, doing the Hex Down Fxx to 000, did you attempt to power cycle? or while it stated any message?

Also did you purchase this box from rogers store? or another customer/thirdparty?

At Roger Store, you would have warranty. The warranty for these guys will easily replace you with another one. No problem.

So I hope you purchased this at Rogers Store, but I have a feeling you purchased it independantly?

Any update would be helpful! (I am also going to look into Er:62 while i wait for your response)

Edit: Looked the Error code up.

It is a Box Failure, either Hard Drive Failure (If its a PVR) or a motherboard failure (Internet Memory).

Either way, This needs to be replaced.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Thanks for your quick reply, looking to finding out what error 62 (or er:62 as it is displayed onthe box) means.

I bought the box in 2012. Warrenty period is over. 

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Not sure what you mean by "power cycle", but I tried to turn it off and on with the front button and the remote at many points in the sequence.  Box ignored these and continued on. 

Pulled the plug a few times. When power was restored it just restated the sequence.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Thank you.

I thought it might be the HD and pulled it.

HD checks out fine on my PC, S.M.A.R.T. tests etc. report no problem.

When I try the Nextbox/8642 with no HD installed, it displays Er:50 and then goes through the sequence.

What is er:50 ?

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Power cycle is the unplug and wait 30 sec, plug back in (Power cycle means: Power > No Power > Power - The button in front is just "Standby" so it doesn't count)

but yeah, box is done.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Er 55 and 62 are HD/Memory issue...
Er 50? hmm

Further info i found was Error 50 - 55 is Hard Drive failure, and it looks for new software (because it can't read internal HDD) - Error 50 - 55 is displayed based on where the "hang" occured where it stops and can't continue.
Replacing HDD doesn't do anything, because you need to have the software installed on the new one. That software is what is corrupted. I don't know of anyway of flashing the Software/OS without having manufacture do it in their repair shop. I assume that cost money if its out of warranty.

May be Time to invest in new box? - Suggestion only...
I don't use my Box enough to even remember if its still working... (oops)... i should check when i get home tonight...

But as per your S.M.A.R.T tets, i would assume the HDD isn't the issue but the Software in HDD?
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

er:50 is specifically "Disk not detected", which would make sense if the drive was pulled from the PVR...

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Thanks. 

Any reson why the box error codes should not be published?

Those of us who buy our boxes would find this info useful.

PS: I never really liked my Nextbox 2.0 / 8642

it is agonizingly slow to respond to commands from the remote.

Push a few buttons on your remote esp when in pic-in-pic mode and the Nextbox 2.0 freezes has to reboot.

Maybe all the dust collecting through the swiss cheese top finally smothered its motherboard.

It is far inferior to the silver 8300HD which worked fine for the 10+ years I owned it before passing it on to a happy new owner.  

PPS: Though it has the same software as the 8642, the Nextbox 3.0 hardware is up to the task (mostly).

And hopefully, its a bit more durable with its external powersupply and closed top.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

My sources (Digital home) say replacing a HD is easy. No software needed.

So I assume the motheboard.