cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8300HD new RoD UI

ecar
I Plan to Stick Around

This UI change seems to have been implemented in the last few days.  It looks horrible!  I honestly dont care about the look as I understand that the SD interface is being presented in HD but the functionability of the UI is a serious step in the wrong direction.

If they introduced this to allow Shomi on 8300s......revert back imediately!

Honestly, Ive been a customer dedicated to Rogers for the past 20+ years and recent techical additions have been the worst Ive ever seen.

EC

***Edited labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: 8300HD new RoD UI

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor
Curious, but what about it do you find less functional?

Just used it this evening and found some.aspects improved over the old UI.

Of course, it looks terrible, but that's a functionality of the 8300 being 10 years old!

It's always been normal for the On Demand menus to display in 480P, but these graphics are awful. They look like lego blocks. I don't see what it has to do with the 8300, though. I guess they would look much better if you set your 8300 to upconvert to 1080i. I just use pass through on mine. It would be interesting to hear what this new format looks like on a Nextbox which, unlike the 8300, converts everything to its output setting which typically is 1080i.

Overall, I think it's more functional and slightly easier to reach the actual program you want to watch. The PQ of the content is what counts and that hasn't changed.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, it does look like it's changed, but I don't use ROD often enough to be any more or less confused. It does appear to have more functionality.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

ecar
I Plan to Stick Around

I find it no more functional than the previous version.  The visualizations are removed from the selections, although thats minor.  My largest beef is the responsivness has declined.  I have experienced the system hangs when using the page up/page down buttons and the arrow buttons at times.

If using the enter buttons and down one button at a time it is more stable.  I guess I'm tired of babying software with Rogers UI implimentations.  I shouldnt have to count to three in my head before I press another button on the remote to ensure I dont overextend the hardware resources.

EC 

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

I posted this in another thread on the same subject. The graphics problem for ROD has been fixed. I watched both channel 300 and 309 last night and the graphics are normal.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

By "fixed" you don't mean it's back to the old, familiar interface, I presume. I can only get the RoD channels included in VIP and 100 is still the "new" interface. I don't use RoD very often, so can't say whether the new interface is better of worse, but my son uses the various kids on demand channels for his brood and says it's much more difficult and confusing now to create a playlist.

OLDYELLR:

No, they did not revert to the old menu style. They fixed the graphics so they don't look like lego blocks.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Looks like I never saw the lego blocks before they fixed it.

RemoJagger
I've Been Here Awhile

Will Shomi work on a Scientific Atlanta HD8300 PVR

I still have a Scientific Atlanta HD8300 PVR.

It uses the old Rogers on demand interface and I do not see the option of viewing Shomi.

My Nextbox works fine.

According to the supported devices it appears that my HD8300 is supported.

Regards

bobbysk
I Plan to Stick Around

try Channel 300 for Shomi...

Hello @RemoJagger,

Welcome to the Community! 

Have you tried channel 300 as per @bobbysk's reply? Please let us know if it works. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Hello @RemoJagger,

i just tried on my 8300HD channel 300, and it works for me:

image.jpeg

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation