8300HD firmware update fiasco - Just do SOMETHING!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: 8300HD firmware update fiasco - Just do SOMETHING!

Did I actually type that out loud?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

lol @lar

oh and im sure they post releaes notes, but they probaly send them to rogers in their emails and teh employees probaly just delete them

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

@ Community

Yes a Planned Firmware upgrade was performed early Thursday morning to fix primary issues with the 8300 HD PVR.  Please keep myself posted if any issues are still occurring with this model.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Hemal

Can I assume that the new update is being done over a period of time like the first one because we have not yet received the latest update?

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

Yes that is correct.

We are performing this update region by region over a period of time.  I will try my best to get more information on the updates.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Once again, I found this information on another site - The Digital Forum.

According to one poster who spoke to Rogers, there will be 3 new updates:

1. The one currently being pushed through to address the hard drive spinning up and down (Another poster stated that he has received this latest update and claims that his hard drive is still spinning up and down!) This does not sound promising! Smiley Sad
  2. A second firmware update, still in testing, to address the disappearing recordings and other recording issues. Still in testing eh! LOL Smiley Mad
  3. After all is well (will this actually happen?), the remote PVR access will be launched. 
So what we have then is an update, followed by 2 more updates to fix the original update! Man, am I ever impressed! Smiley Wink

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersHemal wrote:

@ Community

Yes a Planned Firmware upgrade was performed early Thursday morning to fix primary issues with the 8300 HD PVR.  Please keep myself posted if any issues are still occurring with this model.

This model needs to stop terminating recordings two minutes ahead of the scheduled programme end times.

I've Been Around

I am in the St Clair/Kennedy area in Scarborough and am still experiencing issues as of Sunday evening. Specificaly not recording shows set to record and recording shows not set to record. No hard drive spin up and down, no lost recodings, no premature recoding stops.

John Casey

I've Been Here Awhile

Mine finally pooched last weekend.

Won't record anything, if I hit LIST I get 'DISK TROUBLE...THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE STORAGE DISK'

Impossible to get through to phone support, email support is equally useless.

I'm a Senior Advisor

just exchange it at a rogers store.. but try a powercycle first..