8300HD PVR . how to install a Dock station with a HDD to expand the storage capacity?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

8300HD PVR . how to install a Dock station with a HDD to expand the storage capacity?

I have a Docking station (has its own power adapter)  with e-sata interface  and an e-sata to e-sata cable coming from the Docking station to plug into PVR (which has an e-sata plug in the rear).

I akso have a brand new unformatted 500GB HDD to insert into the Docking station.

What do i need to do for the PVR to recognize the HDD and add the 500GB capacity to the 160 GB already inside the PVR to hold 3 times the current storage cxapacity to record TV shows/  

Could anyone who has done this and made it work  help me please?

Thank you kindly.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 8300HD PVR . how to install a Dock station with a HDD to expand the storage capacity?

Place the HDD in the doc and power it on. Connect the esata cable to the dock and the pvr. Unplug the pvr and plug it back in. Once the pvr reboots it will notice the hdd and ask if you want to format it. Once it has formatted you will probably have to unplug the pvr and plug it in again. 

Always if powering on the pvr have the hdd dock powered first.