8300HD PVR - Red Screen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

8300HD PVR - Red Screen

I did a quick check of the forums and didn't see this specific issue.

My family's 8300 has a strange issue.  A month or more ago the screen went red when using the componant cables.  And when I say red I mean you can see the picture, but there is a red tint to everything.  All is fine when using just regular standard cable.

We've tried the typical receiver resets,  new cables, etc... .    And of course plugged in a couple different televisions to be sure the receiver is the issue.    We hoped it would just correct itself, but a month later it is still the same.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Is there a quick fix or is the receiver pretty much stuffed for using the componant cables?

Thanks

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 8300HD PVR - Red Screen

If the component cables are hooked up correctly and you have been able to recreate the issue on a different TV.  I would go with a bad 8300.  

Sounds as if the component out is faulty.  Red, green, are probably working and blue is absent.    

Swap the box,  this is something that does not fix itself.

I'm Here A Lot

Yeah,  that's my best guess.  Was just hoping for some good news.  Smiley Tongue

I've Been Around

I have two digital boxes, one simple digital box that I rent, and the newer HD PVR that I purchased that just today is afflicted the same way.. Of course, this happens to the newer box that I can't just trade in.

I love technology!