8 Tuner PVR?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

8 Tuner PVR?

Interesting rumour from another site:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?s=15a0b9e65e52703945dd2f9024bb0470&t=177394

***Edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 8 Tuner PVR?

Hello SpeedyC

This could be true BUT i rather see it on paper or a actual device before i start believing someones word for it. Anyone at Rogers can say that & we have seen & heard many stories that reps lie about products.

For one tho, i would love if they brought out a better PVR & a new OS for it. If they can do that, it will make things better. Hopefully it won't be such a mess like NextBox 2.0 was...
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Somebody replied to the above thread with an invite email to Nextbox 3.0 testing.....looks legit.

Oh, Rogers, if you're monitoring, I'd love to be a guinea pig for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lurker

Seeing as this person did post a screen shot & the site, it does look legit. If this comes out anytime soon, i will love to have this BUT i want all the bugs & issues off the box first. We do not want the same thing that happened with NextBox 2.0.

I really would like to be a guinea pig & test it out as well. They should pick all of us from the forums on here to get our opinions.. This is the place where they check mostly if not all the issues we have had other then Digital Home.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

From the email, it looks like both 2.0 and 3.0 will share a new, 'fixed' (cross your fingers) guide.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lurker

I really hope so as if this 3.0 has issues, it will make everyone give up & leave Rogers. Not like its not happening now but they need to step it up & change it & get everything fixed. Specially,

- Updates every single night
- Front LED Panel left on after update
- Box looks like its on when its not
- Adding new features that other PVRs can do like the 8 show recordings
- OS needs to reworked & bugs & issues fixed before launch.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If anyone DOES see/hear anything on this, which device is actually used.. would they mind posting it, so we can look up the hardware on the internet?

Tried looking around, and found very little, with anything saying that it had that many tuners into it...
Wondering if its going more along the lines of Fibe being IP based?

Being that the current nextboxes CAME with the old guide... i think they tried to push too much, to fancy, with the nextbox guide onto it.. and it has SOO many issues.  The box is decent otherwise, with the old guide.

Hopefully, this is NEW NEW hardware, that they were able to do the software right from the start on it... HOPEFULLY.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From that email.. looks like at least it is fixing/adding the slomo.. the reaction speed, and time it takes to reboot... on the current nextbox 2's.. so SOME improvement.. but still some missing (reboots faster, but still reboots at 2am?)

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Faster tuning indicates to me an IP-based system, like the F-word Smiley LOL

I haven't seen any 8-tuner boxes on the 'net either (other than the new Google box being tested in Kansas City) so either Rogers is a launch partner with Cisco on this, or there's a way to tune multiple streams via software?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Possibly? I mean a digital data stream is alot smaller than a analog (even in HD) so maybe a way, for a single tuner to do more than one at a time?