8 Tuner PVR?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: 8 Tuner PVR?

Picked up the box tonight, installation was simple (had to go back to the store for the proper power cable.). Going from SD to HD is incredible; box is easy to use, but will take time to learn the way it works, compared to the TiVo. Downloaded Anyplace Home app, but it doesn't work, connectivity error. Lots of fun so far!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The app can be a little flakey to begin with... But since you just added it to the account, I would give it a good 24+ hours as it may have to register that its on the account.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Just picked up a new Nextbox 3.0 last night based on the initial exciting reviews (which is extremely rare for Rogers hardware) and my first impression is quite good. The box has modern, sleek design, channel switching is extremely fast, guide navigation is smooth.

I was a bit concerned that there are no vents on the top and sides of the box, cause my previous 4250HD was like a portable heater. So make sure you have enough airflow on the bottom of the box. I put the box on the laptop cooling pad with 14mm fan. After 12 hours the box is just a little bit warm.

So yes, I would reccommend the upgrade to NextBox 3 to anyone. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I got the new box yesterday night and my anyplace home edition app also doesn't work. I can see my non pvr box but nothing has come up for the new PVR box, just says unavailable -1% full. Its either still seeing the old box which obviously isn't connected or the new box is unsupported. 

So does anyone know yet what the box will sell for outright? I do not wish to rent since it always costs a lot more long-term.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mousetamer

Online is shows $507.49 outright price.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=cable_hardware_page

I'm a Senior Advisor

Personally I would never buy one of these boxes again. I have had too many problems where I had to exchange the box and well as we see they come out with new ones faster then the 3 yr rent to own period. Plus you can usually get a deal on the rental cost if you phone in and ask.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee Jeffrey
Rogers Employee

Hello,

While watching recordings.... the trick function for jumping ahead 3 minutes is done by pressing Page + or Page – (Jump backwards 3 minutes).

It is actually a good point to rent the new box, (rent-to-own), cause the box is brand new and might have some problems down the road. If you buy it outright - you will only get 1 year warranty, if you rent - to own - you are getting 3-years warranty and if you are just renting - you have unlimited warranty.

I figured 1 year warranty for a brand new box is not enough for me.

Thanks. I didn't see that site with the purchase price before. 

As far as rent vs buy, I can buy the box with an extended warranty and it will still be cheaper than the rent to own.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats