7.8 update for Nokia Lumina 900 WHEN?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 7.8 update coming to Rogers Nokia Lumia soon?

It is now february 14

Have others received the 7.8 WP update?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, Got the update on a 900 Monday

I Plan to Stick Around

@lp larry: Use the disconnect method to download it...it is still the same official update sitting on Microsoft's official server - just hasn't been pushed out to you yet. Here's a thread detailing it properly: http://www.wpcentral.com/forcing-windows-phone-78-update-camera-button-not-required-patience

Additionally, there is a 3rd party software that does the same thing - trick Zune into providing you with the official update. I'm not sure what it is called though.

@ipberg8887: It IS an official update - it is just sitting on Microsoft's servers because your phone wasn't picked in the first lucky draw of phones to be updated. You can use the disconnect method VIA ZUNE and get the update. It is the same official channel with no 3rd party software involved (even though there is a program that makes updating a little easier by emulating this trick - not sure what it is called but WPCentral is your friend).

As for problems; some people are having issues with the tiles not updating properly and taking up way too much data/battery power as a consequence. I'm not sure why this is happening but I haven't personally experienced this issue on my Samsung Focus. If you want, you can hold out for an official announcement from Microsoft.

I've Been Here Awhile

Still waiting..... it's past mid February and the update has been out for almost a month and still nothing. I have a Lumia 900 and use a Mac so the Zune unplug trick doesn't work for me. I need an officially authorized update. 

Is there an ETA on this? What's the holdup?

I Plan to Stick Around

The hold up is likely the mass reports of broken Live Tiles, abnormal data usage and battery drain. Microsoft staggers the updates to catch these issues. Putting two and two together, Microsoft has either pulled the update for now or stopped increasing the number of people it's available to until they've investigated the issues.

By the way, the Zune unplug trick likely works on Macs as the issue is cutting the Internet connection before a full check can be done. Smiley Wink

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 7.8 update for Nokia Lumina 900 WHEN?

I would have hoped for February but looks like that guess was wrong. Any word from Rogers here as to when 7.8 on the 900 will be available?

I Plan to Stick Around

Rollout of the 7.8 update has been stopped for the time being by Microsoft to fix issues with it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Microsoft has fixed the issues with 7.8, two NEW updates on ZUNE.

I Plan to Stick Around

My wife and I both have 900's on Rogers. Her phone got the original update (which worked fine), and mine never did. Yesterday, her phone got the revised update, and I still have no update available. Wife loves to rub it in, as she knows it drives me crazy! lol

I've Been Here Awhile

7.8 finally available for my Lumia 900, five updates in total.

This will be interesting, fingers crossed there'll be no issues.