7.8 update for Nokia Lumina 900 WHEN?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 7.8 update coming to Rogers Nokia Lumia soon?

Hello The55

Rogers has not said anything yet. They will release the info via Facebook, Twitter if the update will be released to us. Hopefully they release it soon BUT remember, Rogers takes a while so I would not be surprised if they released this update weeks or a month down the road. History has shown this with Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

The Windows Phone 7.8 update is out. Some of us are lucky enough to be able to plug in to Zune and update, and some are not.

When it was released this morning, my Rogers Lumia 900 was one of the devices that coudln't install the update (Zune said it was up to date already).

To work around this, you can use the old "Disconnect Trick". Instructions available:

http://www.stephenwagner.com/?p=660

You need to do this a few times as there are a couple of prerequisite updates before the 7.8 update can be installed. This worked for me, and ~40 people who have commented on the post with success.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to use the disconnect method linked to above to update.

I Plan to Stick Around

I also did the disconnect method last night.

And installed the new Nokia "Bluetooth Share" App.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Does the Bluetooth Share app work?

After upgrading to 7.8 yesterday I couldn't get it to work, saying it doesn't support this version of Windows Phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

OH Yes the App works, I updated my Wifes 710 last night.
And I could push files both ways.
After the phones were paired, here phone now shows in the Share List.
So say from the Picture Hub, if I hit Share on a Picture, I can push IT from there.

I Plan to Stick Around

Please keep in mind that even after a carrier has approved an update for release, Microsoft themselves stagger the release of the update so if any problems arise, they can pull the update before it affects too many people.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not going to install 7.8 with an unofficial ROM on my Lumia 710.  I'm waiting until Rogers makes it official, prompted by a notification in Settings > System > phone update just like there was with the Tango update.  I'm just curious why it's already February 6 and we've heard nothing from Rogers about 7.8. 

I've Been Here Awhile

But after reading this, I'm not even sure I want the 7.8 anymore:  http://www.rethink-wireless.com/2013/02/04/users-report-issues-windows-phone-78-updates.htm

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 7.8 update for Nokia Lumina 900 WHEN?

Has Rogers released the update Windows Phone 7.8 for my Lumia 710?