7.8 update for Nokia Lumina 900 WHEN?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got an email from Rogers telling me the benefits of upgrading from 7.5 to 8 and why i should upgrade. What? They haven't even done the 7.5 update yet, and when I talked to tech support they said they had no idea when the 7.5 update will arrive.

Rogers seems clueless on this as their own email assumed I already had 7.5.

Anyone know what is going on here?

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello funkydmunky

Rogers has NOT released the 7.8 update for the Lumia 900. The tech support agents tell you what they know. Which device was the email referring too?

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 7.8 update for Nokia Lumina 900 WHEN?

The email didn't mention any device, it just stated the benefits of WP8 over WP7.5, and that "I should upgrade today!"

I thought this was stupid as their hasn't been the 7.5 update yet, which is extremely late, and tech support has no clue when it will be available. What is the hold up?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Dont expect the update to come anytime soon. Rogers is known to take months to update a device. Remember, the Lumia 920 and the HTC 8X is out. They rather have you upgrade to those phones.

They claim in takes long because of them "testing" the update on their network. I call that BS as it does NOT take months to test a update.

I Plan to Stick Around

Huh? 7.5 is Mango if I'm correct and the Lumia 900 runs that by default. If you are talking about Tango, you are better off forcing that update through Zune and I recall seeing that Rogers was pushing that out not too long ago. I also wouldn't expect 7.8 for a while unless you are daring enough to put a custom ROM or load up RTM on your device (which should be available by January).

Disregard this message if you weren't referring to the OS updates.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The Lumia 900 is running OS7.5 at the moment. I am guessing you never got the update OR you have it BUT want the 7.8 one.

I Plan to Stick Around

To prevent any further confusion: Microsoft stupidly called the 7.5 updates 7.1. This update has been available to all WP7 users since September 2011. In Settings>about>more info, if you are on OS version 7.1.7720 or higher, you have Windows Phone 7.5. I really hope they never do this again because it's been nothing but **bleep** for people supporting the product since people are unsure if they're on 7.5 or not.

Now, NO CARRIER has released any information about 7.8 because Microsoft itself has not released it. It's slated for "early 2013" at this point. Please read the Windows Phone Blog's update on 7.8.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That should be correct. Microsoft is confusing everything with this. They need to really sit down & realize to name it what they are calling it. Not change the name for customers & say its 7.5 meanwhile we have 7.1

I Plan to Stick Around

7.8 Updates including Lumia 900 is up on the Nokia Server .. now let the wait begins for Rogers Users sadly .. 

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/15/windows-phone-7-8-upgrades-appear-on-navifirm-for-all-nokia-lumia...

I am guessing Feburary !!! who is with me 

I Plan to Stick Around

7.8 update coming to Rogers Nokia Lumia soon?

7.8 update coming to Rogers Nokia Lumia soon?

Has anyone seen any INFO?

Rogers had both the Nokia Lumia 710 & 900.

AT&T Revealed yesterday Nokia Lumia 900 update for 7.8 coming Jan 30th.