7.1 os

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 7.1 os

deus,

all rogers is doing is giving your phone internet access, what your phone is doing is converting this internet, and re-broadcasting it just like your wi-fi router does. you can then use your laptop or tablet to access the internet, and the usage is billed according to your cellular data plan. mind you there is some overhead involved, due to the differences in packets being translated and the fact that the mobile network will charge you if it has to re-transmit lost packets, which is not a big deal, its acceptable.

its a specific feature of the phone, not the network, so its not a roges feature, its a blackberry os feature, rogers does not support it or guarentee the reliability of it.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Some Rogers tech support donkey just told me that it was up to RIM when the OS 7.1 release came out for Rogers.  I questioned why RIM would release for the other two carriers and not for Rogers and he said he had no information on that.  

**Edited for content**

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Dave_Murdoch wrote:

Some Rogers tech support donkey just told me that it was up to RIM when the OS 7.1 release came out for Rogers.  I questioned why RIM would release for the other two carriers and not for Rogers and he said he had no information on that.  

I agree...

RIM has no control over when the OS is released by carriers once it's been handed off to them.  🙂

**Edited for content**

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Bunch of BS that the reps are giving out.. Mobilicity is already sending out the updates for 7.1 to the curve 9360 & Bell is sending out the update 7.1 to the 9860, 9900 & 9810. It seems Rogers does not care. Thank got i added the Telus version.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/03/19/blackberry-7-1-updates-mobilicity-curve-9360-bell-torch-9860-and-9...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the tip Meowmix.

Installed the Telus release and it is awesome on my Rogers Bold 9900.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It doesn't seem to work for me.

I downloaded this file >> 9900AllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel921_PL5.1.0.230_A7.1.0.267_Telus_Mobility.exe  << from RIM download site.

Installed it successfully.

Plug-in my Rogers 9900 to desktop manager via USB cable

Selected "update" from the drop down list

Again, it tells me there is nothing to update.

Am I missing something ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You need to restart your computer and then run BB manager and plug in ur phone after. That is how minr showed up when I plug in the phone.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You also need to delete the vendor.xml file before it'll show as an update.

Instructions to do so can be found at http://supportforums.blackberry.com .

I hope that helps you. 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried many many time to plug-in my BB to the desktop manager. It always said 7.0 bundle 2406.  Out of the many tries, I only saw one time the new 7.1 update showed up.  I then immediatly clicked the update button.  However, it still trying to install the same 7.0 version.  I confrmed that I have successfully installed the 7.1 system device.

I really don't know what I did wrong and what was missing.

I give up.... unfortunately.

Hope Rogers will have the new update soon.