6GB Data Plan LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danno100
I Plan to Stick Around

6GB Data Plan LTE?

Today I went into Rogers and wanted to upgrade to the Moto X.  I have the 6GB data from the promotion two years ago, way before Rogers had LTE.  I was ready to finalize the upgrade when the employee informed me that my 6GB plan would not support LTE.  Something to with them not being able to select 6GB LTE plan.  He then informed me of their "Share Ready" data+unlimited text/talk plans, which would end up costing way more than I am currently paying.

Is the only way to get LTE to upgrade to a new plan, or would calling in to Rogers or something be able to resolve this issue and keep my current plan/data?

Thanks in advance.

***edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 6GB Data Plan LTE?

Hello danno100

Hmm seems odd. I have the 6GB data plan since the iPhone 3G came out in 2008. When Rogers launched their LTE service, most data plans turned into LTE data ready plans. I would suggest calling in and seeing if they can add the setting for the LTE. It shouldn't be a big deal as a few people i know just called in and had it fixed. The store reps at times are not able or can not access changes like this
danno100
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks the one fellow at the store didn't know what he was talikng about abd I think he wanted to sell a new plan.

We called support, they did as you suggested and now we have a MOTO x with 6GB LTE.

THanks for your help!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello danno100

You are welcome!:)