cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rachelproulx

Yes that is correct. However some are asking why it shows 5GB on their plan instead of 10GB which that comment u linked does not explain that. Just explains that after the 24 month period is over u get to keep it unless u change plans. Some i guess did not see the " 5GB extra bonus" and did not click to them. 

Its a 5GB plan with a 5GB bonus data added. u will see some plans showing 5GB + 5GB data bonus and some showing 10GB instead. its a bit confusing

@Meowmix, i've been on hold for 2 hrs and 27 mins trying to see what is correct. 

I was changed over to the new promo plan but it only says 5GB and not 10GB like how my other friends did.

I will update once i get through to someone.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @carmoji

Hopefully it gets resolved. Yes some will see a 10GB plan but some will see a 5GB and then the extra 5GB will come automatically upon activating it.

I think the reps are using 2 plans with the same codes to do this. Hopefully it gets resolved!

I have to work so not going to wait in line for another 3+ hours...  Rogers should compensate for my lost time. 

But if I did have the time.. I would call TELUS and Rogers at the same time.  Whoever picks up the phone first, gets my business.   

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kenmasters

No carrier will " compensate" for your lost time. You picked to call and wait to get this plan. Its not like your service is down and doesn't work thus a compensation would be granted.  Thats how they see it.

Anyways after an hr wait i am at 91 with Telus chat ( returning a phone). Shows another hr wait. Lets see lol

Hello @Meowmix

I think they will NEED to compensate if they want my business.  They don't HAVE to.  But that's their choice and I have mine.  Every CS group has the ability to "motivate" a customer.  They don't need to write a cheque.  They can offer a discount off my next bill.  I know because they have done this in the past.  

AmandaKC
I've Been Around

Has anyone been able to even dial in? I tried to dial a few different Roger numbers to get on a hold list but it won't even patch through. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kenmasters

Yes however it won't be more then $25 goodwill discount to be honest. Maybe a bit more but most reps are told not to give out or give out a small discount if need be.

mx3man123
I've Been Here Awhile

I got into a hold queue and waited an hour and then the call ended while waiting.  This is insane.  Rogers really dropped the ball with this promotion.  Great promotion if you can actually get through to get it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @AmandaKC

Many have however the wait times are longer then 2+ hrs. Some are also being disconnected when getting connected to a rep.

EDIT - Tried to even Call Rogers number and still not connecting. Seems like they are having major issues.

Another 2 hour wait (so total 4 hours) – spoke to someone who told me the prior rep had changed my plans but didn't add the bonus +5GB to either of my 2 lines? This rep said he was doing that for me and would also give me a small credit for having been disconnected the first time. And then the line disconnected again mid-conversation, lol!

Sooo I dunno, I'm hoping everything was done correctly this time around even though MyRogers says "Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab" for both lines..

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @polythenepacket

Oh man that is no good. I am starting to think their servers and their lines are having major issues to the point its the system causing this.

Hopefully it got added.

The 2nd CSR just called me back! He confirmed everything had been added to my account and that it says 5GB only because the additional 5GB is a promo that gets added towards the end of the month (I'm guessing that's the code he used instead of a 10GB code). I also see a $22 credit in my account for the hassle, which was kind of him. I really appreciated him calling me back. I've been at it since 8am this morning and it's now almost 1pm - glad it ended on a high note thanks to this rep!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @polythenepacket

Yay! Glad it got fixed and worked out!

@polythenepacket, you are so lucky! I was waiting for 3 hrs and 27 mins and got disconnected.  Now i need to wait all over again.  Rogers -- i hope you're reading these posts!!! I too am on the same boat as this customer and would love a credit for the hassle as well.  Yesterday i spent 3 hrs and 11 mins to change it to the plan and now i have spent 3 hrs and 27 mins trying to speak to someone about this and got disconnected.  Now i am on hold again, after 20 mins or non stop redialing the # to be on the queue.

Sighh. There goes my Monday.

I've been trying to contact Rogers intermittently over the weekend and continuously over the last 2 hours - no live chat available and just getting a busy signal! Tried multiple numbers too - which ones got you guys through?!

wwsews
I've Been Around

tried 3 different numbers plus live chat and text with no luck to contact rogers ,,,,it goes straight to busy signal ...not even on hold ,,,...hoping they will realize that people wanting to get promotion cant reach them even if want too and will honor past today due to their issues with customer service ....even tried to go to store and they said can only do through phone ......

Hi,

I was reading the features of the $60 10G plan. I have the corporate plan. Is it the same features? I just sign up with Rogers on Thursday and i was disappointed that the guy assisting me didn't tell me about the deal. 

Please help

Ogarcia
I've Been Around

I was with an agent on Saturday December 16 and he could not access my account to change it to the 85/mo 10gb premium plan offer as it was apparently a systemic issue at the time. How will you guys rectify this sort of situation where the issue was on your end? Will you honor this offer past the date? I've been trying to manually change my service on the my rogers account but even that is not allowing me to. 

kfischer
I'm Here A Lot

I've trying to reach someone to change my plan now for 2 days.  Over 100 attempts at dialing-in to multiple numbers.  

Most times I get a "fast busy" signal.  Sometimes I get connected with ringing, only to have it change to a fast busy signal after a minute or so.  

What are the best numbers to call in to from BC?  Are we to presume we'll have access to this deal post today as there's no way Rogers will be able to meet demand?