cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

pat2114
I've Been Around

I tried all day yesterday, every avenue to reach them.  Finally, got on hold for 90 minutes only to have it disconnect itself.  I've used messenger and no answer.  Does anyone know if they will honour that deal so all who could not get through?

Same thing here....long time loyal Rogers customer. Why not make it a simple "push" a button on the website thing? Why do I have to wait on hold for 3 hours (guessing...since I'm never able to actually wait that long on the phone to get through) to get the deal? Why end the deal if you don't have the staff to actually sell it?

If I do not get this deal when I finally get though to them (may not be able to by 5pm today) I think that will be ample reason to jump ship to anyone else willing to give the deal still. For both the financial and to vote my displeasure with the way this is handled.

Jojo53
I've Been Here Awhile
So angry... Still trying to get through but they say the deal is over on the phone.... If I don't get a deal by Friday morning I am switching even if it's a worse deal than the one I have now lol

______
I've Been Around

I'm with Rogers for over 15 years and I feel penalized for the lack of customer service with this deal... I called, I have the intention of lock myself for another 2 years from a month-to-month but I couldn't not get through... so guess what mister Rogers... I will be Rogersless very soon and not because I will get a better deal that I currently have (which is very decent), but for the principle that I did my part and held my part of the bargain but you let me down and you don't deserve my business anymore.. which btw, (without bragging)  it was upgrading my hardware and plan as well as 2 new accounts & devices...see ya 🙂

laureen14
I've Been Here Awhile
following

laureen14
I've Been Here Awhile
still haven’t receive any confirmation or whatsoever. my rogers account still showing my old plan

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys.

To be honest you won't get this plan for this price at all. It's been removed from the systems. Only ones that can add it is the back end team which is doing it for the ones which got the plan yesterday ur hasn't fully provisioned.

So sadly no carrier will offer this as of this morning.

You can contact Rogers and speak to a manager or retentions and see what else they can offer u.

Jojo53
I've Been Here Awhile
At least you got a plan, thats more than most of us got...

I sincerely hope you are wrong as the first carrier to:
1) Allow me to speak to them
2) Offer up something similar

Get my business.

If this isn't Rogers, expect me to do everything in my power to promote my friends and family (and anyone else who will listen, pretty easy with the internet) to leave Rogers as well 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @tskaling

That is your choice. However once again the plan is no longer available. So even if u get through to someone, they won't be able to offer it with any carrier.

So there isn't much to be said here. You are welcome to leave as its ur account and choice but do remember this. Leaving a carrier won't mean that the carrier u go to will be any better. By no means is Rogers any better then the rest, however it will be sad to see u come back to Rogers or leave for another carrier if anything happens to the carrier u are with and u get upset.

I get you are upset over not getting the plan or not being able to speak to someone because of the lines being tied up. I get that with everyone's post. I also was trying to get through to Telus (for a phone exchange) and took 3+hrs to get to some when the line dropped. Then live chat didn't help any better.

So all in all it's ur choice to do what you feel like is right for u. This is a user to user forum with Rogers MODS helping but can't offer the same plan that was just removed. So not much can be done here either.

Also make sure you read reviews and check them out before making a switch. That's the best thing to do.

Gailey-o
I've Been Here Awhile

Same thing, just noticed it today - SUPER ANNOYING >_< Live chat is still down, I've gotten no replies on Facebook, and I've been on hold for a while! I specifically asked if I still get all the other ones I had from the previous plan (incl visual vm) and was told yes.

Ugh 😞 C'mon Rogers, don't make me regret staying with you!

Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix This was terribly handled by Rogers, much worse than Telus or Bell. I switched to Bell because they had online chat and I only had to wait 30 mins. They also allowed people to switch in store.
Rogers had no online chat, no in store, and no ability to change it yourself on My Rogers. I stand by the statement I made earlier that Rogers didn't really want too many people to get this plan because they lose money off the ridiculous prices they regularly charge.
My friend who is with Telus had her plan honoured today with Telus despite deal being over. She wasn't able to get through and didn't have time to go in person because she was working. Telus online chat did work from time to time as I tried it as well. Bell just got back to me first out of the three.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Polskadz

Again i agree with that. They should have handled it a bit better and let the stores deal with this as well. Unfortunately nothing can be done now. Hopefully they learned their lesson however that's to be seen.

@Meowmix

I disagree. I will get it. It makes zero sense to offer it for a short amount of time (all the while not actually answering the phone/handling the demand). As long a Freedom is still offering the deal (they are, according to the website), every other carrier is going to....otherwise they are going to have anyone not locked into a contract (thats me!) jumping ship.

I don't doubt other carriers were having issues with handling the volume. That is beside the point really. They *ALL* didn't have common sense (or were purposely limiting the ability to sign up, either way....dumb dumb dumb) to see the demand. Anyone with a high school (even elementary) level education could see the demand would be huge. It scares me (thank god I do not own Rogers stocks) to see a large corporation as big a Rogers not having the same level of common sense (which makes me believe other reasons are a likely)....

Either way....I'm going to vote with my Wallet...I don't mind paying a bit more than the "deal" at another carrier with the same service to stop giving my money to a company that doesn't care about common sense or customer loyalty.

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon (or right on time!). I got a reply from @CommunityHelps and they are going to give me the deal since I did attempt to get it during the offer...just unable to get through! Common Sense prevails and I'm happy to stick with Rogers (assuming they are/stay competitive)....Merry Christmas to me, From Rogers....and Merry Christmas to Rogers, and everyone else 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @tskaling

Glad to see @CommunityHelps was able to assist you with it!

Merry Christmas!:)

Dave335
I've Been Around

I am actually out of the country right now when I saw that Rogers was offering the 10GB promotional plan for $60 bucks. I tried calling every single number that was available online and tried to change my plan with myrogers and it wasn't even a selection. On Monday night, I managed to get into the queue with the 1-855-381-7834 where I waited on hold for 2.5 hrs and it kept asking to hold. Then it just dropped the call. I tried endless times on Tuesday to no avail. Was anyone able to change their service with MyRogers? The live chat did not work, nothing worked. Given that I have been a Rogers customer since the late 1990s, this was a real disappointment. Any suggestions on what I should do or am I out of luck given that the messages when you call (today when put on hold) say the 10gb offer no longer is available. 

Thanks.

David

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dave335

Unfortunately the plan is o longer available since yesterday morning. You can try and contacting @CommunityHelps and see if they can help you in any way possible. Even if it's a plan similar to that one.

Alphabits
I've Been Here Awhile
I got the plan. In the future if I want to upgrade my phone can I put a new phone on a tab or do I have buy a new device outright?

My guess is, since this a "Bring your own device" plan....you would need to not have a tab. Even still, saving $300 a year (at $25 savings a month), getting over 3 times the data, you would need to want a new iPhone every two years to make the subsidized phone option a better value.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Alphabits

You would need to purchase the phone outright.

ally36
I've Been Here Awhile

Does it include voice mail