cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

hardmn
I've Been Here Awhile
I have 4 lines on a share everything plan currently. 2 have device balances and two don’t.
If I were to take the 2 phones without balances to a new carrier...are there any charges? Are they part of the contract of the 2 phones with a balance?
Also, if I stayed with Rogers and switched them to the new 10 Gb plans would that be considered ‘changing your plan?’
Thanks a lot for any clarification!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @hardmn

1). No all you will do is port over the number and be charged the final bill you get once it's been printed out.

2). Make sure you have them change the plan on the date ur bill starts each month. If u change it before then u may incounter some charges from the previous plan and new one.

marakbai
I've Been Around

Anyone know what it means when this plan says roam like home is included?  Does it mean no $5 charge when in the US?  Need to know ASAP

@Leto85 wrote:

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

Lake158
I've Been Here Awhile

I guess I will have to keep trying.

Spikey
I've Been Around

I've been trying to get this offer all weekend trying here and there. I'm finally in the wait queue (for about an hour now) rather than getting a busy signal. 
Does anyone know how long customer service is open until tonight? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Spikey

They are open until 12am EST. So u got 3hrs or so left.

Hwaiting
I Plan to Stick Around

@marakbai wrote:

Anyone know what it means when this plan says roam like home is included?  Does it mean no $5 charge when in the US?  Need to know ASAP

@Leto85 wrote:

Hey Guys,

***EDITED LABELS***

I'm inclined to think it simply means the option to Roam Like Home is available on this plan.  It's not available on all plans like my former corp plan.  And I also believe it's now $6/day for US from $5.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @marakbai

Irs included in the plan however you still need to pay the $5-$6 a day for it. Some plans do not include the Roam Like Home option.

t3nyk5
I've Been Here Awhile
For anybody interested, I used 1 (888) 764-3771 and got through after being on hold for just over an hour. The Rogers agent was super kind and fixed the 5GB bonus data that was not fully processed. She kindly confirmed to me that she went ahead and fixed the issue for me so that the 10GB would reflect on my account. The 10GB is confirmed by going into the "Change Plan" option.

Lannoc241
I've Been Here Awhile
How can I get this plan when I’ve been on hold for 3 hours. This after being disconnected after 2 hours earlier.

Thanks for any suggestions

Mujnoo
I've Been Around

New 10GB Plan

I upgraded my phone and plan on Friday but was not offered the new 10GB Plan. Instead i have a share everything plan with 3 users and 10GB between us. Then of course i couldn't get through when i wanted to call and ask about it.
Very disappointed.

Yes I have the same issue. Changed both plans for both lines on my account and visual voicemail works on my husbands account but not mine. One line has enhanced voicemail with visual voicemail and the other only has enhanced voicemail. I'm trying to find answers as well

Jaskiratgill91
I've Been Around

I got this plan yesterday and my online Rogers account online shows 5 GB of data included. while my friend got this same plan on Friday. Everything on our accounts is same but he has 10Gb of data included.

Can anyone please explain? Would I get extra 5 GB?

Jocey
I've Been Here Awhile
It's the last promo day and I was able to get through. I know Murray mentioned that the change would be immediate and provided me with a Ixxxxxxx reference number however I still see on my Rogers that it's my old plan. When should I expect to see the changes? Thank you

Jocey
I've Been Here Awhile
It's the last promo day and I was able to get through. I know Murray mentioned that the change would be immediate and provided me with a Ixxxxxxx reference number however I still see on my Rogers that it's my old plan. When should I expect to see the changes? Thank you

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jaskiratgill99

Yes u will get the extra 5GB data. It's been explained on page 19 and page 1...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Jocey

You should see them sometime today. Seeing as the plan is no longer available and the lines aren't tied up u can call in and see what's happening

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Lanno241

Unfortunately at this moment the plan is no longer available. You can try calling into Rogers and speaking to a manager or retentions and see what they can do for.

Jojo53
I've Been Here Awhile
Well if I don't end up getting the plan after spending countless hours on the phone/messenger/text/ Twitter I will be switching by the end of the week to anyone else... way too much time wasted, I know it might be the same with Telus or whoever but I don't care.

Hi, I have another question relating to this topic.  My plan was changed in a timely manner on Friday.  The app still shows 5GB which I am aware doesn't include that bonus 5GB that will kick in after.  I have also received the email stating that the 10GB plan I have will not expire after 24 months.

Because my app only shows 5GB of data, I cannot use the "manage my data" function.  I would like to set up a notification to warn me that I'm getting close to my limit like I was able to on my old plan; however, upon switching, MyRogers App looks a bit different.  And I am no longer able to find the "manage my data" function.  Is there any way that I can could have access to this again?  Or is it a system glitch?

Thank you.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Ireneee

Unfortunately the "manager ur data" is not included within this plan. So you would need to set this on your own device using the setting option. IPhone and Android have this.