cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Randyah
I've Been Around

Is there any other rogers phone number for wireless connection that’s not busy?

rasmith
I've Been Here Awhile

I know this question has been somewhat answered but I would like some further confirmation. When I changed my plan Rogers was offering the 10GB for 24 months (after that it goes to 5Gb). 

Can you please confirm if all Rogers customers will be getting the 10GB for full term and not just the 24 months? I want to make sure I don't have to call in and check. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Randyah

All lines are busy no matter what number there is. So no unfortunately u would have to wait.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rasmith

Read below

"Thanks for asking! We advertise this offer as part of a plan that comes with 10GB because it combines the plan and this bonus data offer. We’re sending an SMS to inform customers that the offer no longer has a 24 month end date. Your account may still show that the 5GB bonus data expires after 24 months but this is not applicable.

It is a permanent 10GB plan for so long as you do not change your plan."

rasmith
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for the clarification and prompt reply!

mbp12
I Plan to Stick Around
USE THE LIVE CHAT!

I called yesterday and was on hold for over 3 hours before getting disconnected. Today I used the live chat and got through within 45 mins and had them change it over to the new promo.

My girlfriend and brother also got through with the live chat in under an hour. Although the process has been frustrating I am now one happy camper

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mbp12

Normal Live chat is shut down... The only live chat that is up is to the managers which is taking a longer period of time to connect. Also remember u can also be booted off.

So yes u can do it that way however it's still a long wait. 

laureen14
I've Been Here Awhile
i finally got a hold from an agent and after taking my info i was transferred and put on hold again. i waited for another half an hour when an agent picked up asked my name and put me on hold for 20 mins. and i was told it’s already been set up and will be activated by tomorrow. is it true? hope it will showed up by tomorrow otherwise i completely wasted my time

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @laureen14

Most likely due to the system going down once again so the back end team will be working all week into Christmas mostly fixing this.

laureen14
I've Been Here Awhile
hope you’re right.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @laureen14

Hopefully it works out.

I finally was able to get through yesterday to sign up for the new promo.  I just received an sms confirming that the offer has been upgraded to a  10Gb for 60$ with no end date.   

Cman72
I've Been Around

I agree with you, If I don't get the same thing, I too will leave. 

I guess Bell is going to have a lot more customers coming there way.  Maybe we should not pay our bills and be unreachable as well.

how do i get this 10 gb planplan?

Jbertagn
I've Been Around
I have not been able to geg through to an agent to change to the plan but i have tried many times and keep either getting disconnected or flat out hung up on by the automated system. Looking back several posts I have not seen if the promo itself will be extended past today or not. It would be really frustrating to have not been able to get the offer due to back end challenges rather than from lack of effort.

Has anyone heard about an extension to help manage the overload? It feels a bit like a lottery right now with connecting and disconnecting in hopes to get in on the deal.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Cman72

I wouldn't suggest doing that as they can suspended ur account for non payment and cancel it and also affect ur credit score.

You have until tonight to get it with any carrier u see fit. Just remember do remember to check out reviews and their Facebook pages and such to see

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Jbertagn

This promo expires tonight at 12:01am. Unfortunately all carriers are doing the same. They have offered this since Friday and will no longer keep it going. Maybe they might however there is no wonder or official comment. Only official comment is that it ends tonight.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @denonbai

You need to contact Rogers via calling them and get this plan.

Lake158
I've Been Here Awhile

I hope Rogers is going to extend this promotion. I have being trying to get someone for 2 days. All I get is busy signals and getting disconnected. Chat is not available and I couldn’t get our local Rogers store to change my plan as I am on a shared plan. I use only one phone and I am no longer on a contract, so downgrading from shared should be allowed. I have tried to change my plan in my account, but I can only change it to another shared plan. So frustrating, I have been a loyal customer and I am seriously thinking of changing.

DirkS
I've Been Here Awhile

So, anyone else run into this?  Just changed the plans for 2 lines (mine and my wife's) to the current 10GB/$60 promo plan. On one, visual voicemail has remained.  For the other, we're now stuck with 'enhanced' voicemail - which is a step back to the 90's & having to dial in to get your messages.  The rep I spoke to on-line really couldn't explain why it would stay with one, but not with the other, when they were both going to the same new plan.  Anyone able to explain this?  My wife's a little annoyed now...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Lake158

Doubt they will extend it. It was supposed to end Sunday night but ending tonight. So they won't keep going with it. No carrier will.

To be honest it's been happening all weekend and yesterday and today. So nothing will change unless everyone stops calling at once and reps are able to start properly taking the calls.