cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

torontosv
I've Been Here Awhile
you contacted them re: not seeing the full 10GB on your plan online?

bettyboop200120
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been unable to get through to the customer service line to get access to the $60/10GB promo plan for 2 days. It is not accessible in store, online, via text or through chat - customers must call in. So Rogers what is your ask of customers - spend all day trying to get through the busy signal, wait online for 5hrs or simply miss out on the promotional due to your inability to manage the volume of customers interested in your offer? If you could inform your valued customers how we should take advantage of this promo I am sure we would all appreciate it. We should not be penalized because of your infrastructure issues. 

Don't buy into the posturing bs, I did go, 15 mins in Koodoo, $60 dollar plan 10 gigs, all done.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys

The 10GB is permanent. RogersCorey has explained this twice on the thread and on page 19.

I called for $260 a month. This is very unfair to share plan customers. I guess it will be cheaper to get 10 gig on each of my line.  Can i get a rep reach out to me so we can discuss what offer they can offer me.I waited for about 3 hours to be disconnected

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kenoete

You would need to contact them via @CommunityHelps. They should be able to assist u with any inquiries u have.

braidster1
I Plan to Stick Around

To update my situation after my 4th hangup in the last two days and multiple (prolly 100+) times calling and not getting through I finally got something done today.  As I'm already on a plan with a newer phone I did the $85month w/10gb's of data without having to renew, or buy-out my existing contract.  As I was on a shared plan I did lose a couple things, but nothing that can't be replaced while still saving money per month.  I could've did the $60 plan but would've had to buyout the contract.  I would've saved money in the long run, but wasn't really wanting to go a year just to get outta the red.  This way i'm saving half the amount but still going forward with no extra fee's.  Oh when I finally got through today I was only on hold for about 40mins.  

jasontynkaluk
I've Been Here Awhile
Thank you @mamigo

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @braidster1

Glad to hear u got through!

Chris4543
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your reply. I'm having the same issue - plan shows as 5G without the 5G bonus part.
Do you know when my account will be able to correctly display the 10G plan (e.g. is it upon the next billing cycle)?
And at that time will it show 5G + 5G add-on or simply 10G? 
Thanks again and have a nice day.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Chris4543

It would show 5GB and then a add on of 5GB extra bonus. It may take a day or so to fully show up as the systems seem to be down still.

magis1978
I've Been Here Awhile

I have tried for 3 days without success. I stood in line at a Rogers store for over an hour last night just for them to tell us to go home because unless it was a new activation they wouldn't be able to help us. *611 worked yesterday; and by worked it let me sit on hold for nearly 4 hours before simply disconnecting me. No land-line number (8008982355, 8664319749, 8887643771, 8553817834) that I've found for Rogers even dials through; simply gives me a rapid busy signal. Live chat is disabled. MyRogers is bugging out. Website will not allow me to switch to this plan. I've been with Rogers since it was Cantel AT&T... and I'm giving very serious consideration to simply walking over to a Bell store and getting this dealt with immediately. I've got two lines that I pay well over $200/month for, and this will increase (double) our data and cut the bill to $120... If I can't get it through Rogers I WILL go elsewhere. How does one propose that I go about sticking it out with the company I've been with for the past 20+ years when I simply cannot reach them, via any of the above-listed methods. This is my last attempt; if I cannot get someone to help me switch my two phones over today, I will be forced to go to the competition. 

Chris4543
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @Meowmix 

It's actually been 3 days since I changed the plan so I guess the system is down-down 🙂

And the volume of calls to confirm the plan change must have further burdened down the call center…

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @magis1978

Norhing can be done here.. This is a user to user forum.

Just try to keep calling and see. Sadly that is the only way u can get this deal. Stores won't do it and online won't let u. Live Chat is down and their systems are starting to slowly crash due to the higher volume of calls they are getting.

magis1978
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for the clarification @Meowmix. It seems poor planning has struck yet again. When faced with the seemingly impossible task of actually breaking through the landline lock or non-functioning *611, I suppose it'll be easier to head to Bell.

I tried crazily to get this promotion yesterday. Never got through. You'd think this would have been offered to long lasting customers. Total fail Rogers.

Mister_Cairo
I've Been Here Awhile

Day 2: Been trying for a couple hours so far.  No luck yet.

Rsdg
I've Been Around

Switched business account for 10 gig plan

Hello. Today I switched my business account to a regular consumer account to take advantage f the 60 dollar 10 gig offer. O was told my account t had been switched over and the new month to month 10 gig starts today. When I try to login to get the account info and see the plan details it still shows my business account. I was told I would be getting a new account number as the account number I had was for business. How do I make sure I was switched over and why is my new plan details not showing up through the app or website

Thanks for the time

Scrawnyjohnny
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having difficulties connecting to Rogers, live chat, and messaging. Does anyone know if which other provider is offering these deals? I know Freedom was also offering something like this as well.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Mister_Cairo

Seems to be the issues with many still,

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Scrawnyjohnny

Unfortunately if happens to everyone and seems like some,etc carriers are reporting the same on social media. All carriers are offering this plan. You would need to contact that carrier and see.