cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

owen71
I've Been Here Awhile

@runnergirl88 I'm having the same issue here. Would be a shame if it wasn't properly applied and we have to go through the whole process again. I messaged @CommunityHelps , so hopefully they can assist us.

mamigo
I'm Here A Lot

I was trying to get through on Live Chat and by phone for over 4 hours yesterday. About half an hour into multiple attempts to get through, I was finally able to connect to the automated system on the phone. I waited on hold for 3 hours, only for the call to be disconnected from Roger's end. During this entire time, I was trying to connect to an operator on Live Chat, but kept getting the same message:

"Sorry, no operators are available at the moment. Please try back later.

Due to an overwhelming response to our exciting wireless offers, we are experiencing longer than normal wait times if you’re reaching out to our Customer Service teams. We apologize and really appreciate your patience."

I continued trying to call until the system would no longer let me wait on hold.

I tried calling to get through this morning, and again after half an hour of trying, I was able to connect to the automated system again, but this time it wouldn't let me wait on hold. After being told that the system would connect me to a live agent, I would get a series of high pitched beeps, then a message that says "Due to increased call volume, we can't take your call right now, please try again later."

This is really frustrating and I feel like I'm left with no option but to switch to a different carrier, and I really would prefer not to.

Questions:

Is Live Chat even an option, or has it been taken offline?

Can anyone here assist me? I'd really like to keep my service with Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mamigo

Live Chat has been turned off until this offer is over.

The only option you really have is calling into Rogers and waiting until someone picks up and get the plan like everyone else.

Sadly there is no other option to get it..

R_repp
I've Been Here Awhile
I’ve experienced the same...I also would like to stay with Rogers but this is painful...

jasontynkaluk
I've Been Here Awhile
Hi. I just switched over to the 10gb plan. But when I go into myrogers acct it shows it as only 5gb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jay

@jasontynkaluk check the previous page. A moderator stated that even though it shows 5gb, you still get 10gb.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jasontynkaluk

RogersCorey had made a comment on the last page regarding this. It's still 10GB. The extra 5GB is a bonus and will be applied on its own.

@Meowmix

Hmm. Doesn't seem like good practice to completely shut down a tech support/service communication channel because of a promotional offer. What if people need to call in to get service unrelated to the offer? Eg. if my wireless is out or I have a service emergency, how do I get through? Seems like Rogers would lose a lot of their existing customers to experiences like these.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mamigo

That is true however that's what they picked to do sadly.

R_repp
I've Been Here Awhile
Just got through to the business account. Waited 6min whoop! Thank u Rogers for having this available today for existing customers. Glad I’m staying with you as a provider 🙂

@Meowmix

That you for your help, in any case.

Btw, for anyone still trying, I was able to get through on Live Chat by using this link:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Click on the Live Chat option. You may need to wait on hold for an operator, but it does work. I successfully changed my plan with the help of a rep named Ben about 15 mins ago. I'm a happy camper now 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @mamigo

Great to hear!! 🙂

mcbain75
I've Been Around

I did 4 lines yesterday and same result.  It says 5GB of data on MyRogers.  Did you have any luck confirming this?

Same thing for me. Has your data tracking been re-activated yet? Mine says to wait 48 hours. Does you 'My Add-ons' say anything about bonus data?

Hello. I recently changed my previous plan to this $60 10gb plan last night and was sent a reference number however i noticed my plan has yet to change from the old to the new. When should i expect this change to happen. I was told the request was sent in and your plan will be updated to the new by the end of last night. Thanks in advance!

Daniel

torontosv
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there, 

I recently changed my account to the $60/10GB plan - and all I see in my myRogers account is this : Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab ... no sign of 10GB or + 5 GB Bonus data. 

How can I confirm that my account has been setup correctly with 10GB?

runnergirl88
I've Been Here Awhile
I messaged them too but no response. I've been trying to contact them again, but obviously it's impossible to get through. I'm thinking to wait till tomorrow when the deal is over. They should honour it for us still since we technically did get this deal...

I want to get in on the 60.00 promo but can’t get in touch with anyone that can help. Staff at store were rude and said I need to call in but lines are busy. Help

sparks586
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I just got off the phone after switching to the 10GB plan, the woman I was speaking to said that the 5GB bonus data expires after one year? I thought this was changed to 10GB no bonus data, no term? This was in Ontario.

bettyboop200120
I've Been Here Awhile

You can't stay on hold if you can not get through. All phone numbers have been busy for 2 days. 

torontosv
I've Been Here Awhile
No - the 10GB is permanently there.