60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

@mbp12 I switched from Rogers to Bell. I was tired of calling and getting hung up on so I contacted Bell online through their chat and got through within 30 mins. They agreed to do everything and waive all fees. So they won my business.
mbp12
I'm Here A Lot

thanks for the response. Looks like i may be going that route as well
AnnieN
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi I was wondering if I qualify for the 60 a month with 10G

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnnieN

This is not a Live chat. This is a user to user forum.

You need to contact Rogers and se if u do. That may be hard at the moment but contact @CommunityHelps and see.
Rabiash
I've Been Around

I have tried to call Rogers all day, waiting nearly 3hrs, to be just disconnected from Rogers. Taking my business some place else.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Rabiash

Make sure you do your research. All carriers are the same but many others have had similar issues as Rogers customers do.
gp-se
I'm an Advisor

this plan is crazy, all the carriers are being overloaded with calls/chats. Even http://www.howardforums.com is down!

(Howard Forums is the GTA cellphone forums)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gp-se

Yes that is correct as per what MobileSyrup and others have posted as well. Seems like all carriers are having major issues with adding this plan or even customers getting into contact with them. Some seem lucky though! 

As for Howardsforum i am able to log into my account and post. So do not know how its down.

Either way. This plan indeed is crazy.

Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around

@Rabiash Just move to whoever gets back to you first assuming they cover where you live and your phone can be used with them. I bought my phone online last year from China so it's not tied to any carriers. The plans are all the same from my understanding. The only difference is that Rogers drops the 10gb to 5gb after 2 years. This was confirmed by a friend of mine who managed to get through today online with Rogers. If you go to their complaints section and choose live chat from there someone will get back to you but it will likely take 45 mins to an hour.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Polskadz

That is not correct at all. Rogers will NOT drop the 5GB extra data after 24month. RogersCorey on here was able to confirm this to someone else.

Page 1 of this thread. 

" Thanks for asking! We advertise this offer as part of a plan that comes with 10GB because it combines the plan and this bonus data offer. We’re sending an SMS to inform customers that the offer no longer has a 24 month end date. Your account may still show that the 5GB bonus data expires after 24 months but this is not applicable. 

It is a permanent 10GB plan for so long as you do not change your plan.

Regards,

RogersCorey"