cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

hardmn
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand that today is a busy day but it was the only time I had to call. My first call was at 10 am and was on hold till the waiting line for billing disconnected at 1050.

I called back and got through relatively quickly but was redirected to technical support by the system. Andre from Moncton was not able to assist with the 30% off of my bill that was missing (the reason I called) but was able to confirm that it was supposed to be added on to the account by the, "office of the President" interaction ID. He put me back in a line for billing and that is where I am now. ON HOLD FOR 3 HOURS. Luckily I was not able to go in to work today otherwise I would have given up a long time ago.

While on phone hold I tried to chat with someone and that took almost 3 hours. Sarah wasn't able to do anything so after pleading with her to put me through to a manager she did and that chat is now almost at 4 HOURS! How a company with all it's tech expertise can allow phone and chat help lines drag on like this when other companies are able to offer a call back option? Truly unacceptable...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @R_repp

That is true however the site would crash and cause more issues and the system would still go down due to customers calling into Rogers.

So all in all this would go back here lol.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @hardmn

All carriers are having a major meltdown today due to this plan. Not just Rogers and i have pointed this out from other articles too.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @kenmasters

Glad to hear. Yeah their system failed be a bit more and will call Telus tomorrow. Not going to bother today.

tymck_2
I've Been Around

I am trying to change my plan to the $60 10gb plan and am having troubles with the website working

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tymck_2

Sadly this plan can only be added by calling into Rogers and speaking to customer service.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Also realize that when something like this comes out, the provider is going to be overwhelmed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bell-rogers-telus-price-wars-1.4453573

I was trying to "chat" with Rogers regarding another topic today and no-one responded to the chat until 70 minutes had elapsed (I had left the computer by then but left the window open out of curiosity).  Don't expect fast response times on this for a while...

http://business.financialpost.com/telecom/wireless-competition-heats-up-as-big-three-telecom-compani...

Not surprisingly, customer service phone lines were jammed and mall line-ups were long.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @57

Yes that was explained before here as well. MobileSyrup already posted a article that all carriers lines are down and their servers are also starting to fail which was posted here too..

It seems like Rogers will be expanding this ONLY to current Rogers customers until tomorrow night to get as much done as possible. New customers have until tonight to get this offer though. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wow, sorry, since I don't have a smartphone I don't usually pay much attention to these "fantastic offers".  I also didn't notice that the thread was already 13 pages long. For some reason I got a notification on it that directed me to your last post on page 13, despite the fact that I was not previously involved in the thread...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @57

No need to be sorry!. There has been so much going on today due to this its been hectic. Its great that these deals came out for us however its causing LONG wait times but Rogers is making it somewhat right for us.

Mister_Cairo
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't get through to customer service

I tried to call about the $60/10 plan as I left work, was on hold just over an hour.  Finally someone picked up and told me that there was a special group set up to handle such calls and that the operator would transfer me.  Within 2 minutes, was disconnected.  Repeated attempts to call back have failed (no answer or my local cell tower is overloaded).  Been trying for the last couple hours to change my plan using the web portal with no luck.  Unresponsive is a generous way to put it.

Rogers - due to your ineptitude, I trust you will be extending this offer beyond December 18???

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mister_Cairo

All carriers are having this issue atm as reported by MobileSyrup and all carriers including all the users reporting it. The plan will be offered until tomorrow night only for existing customers. New customers have until tonight.

Mister_Cairo
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank-you for the quick reply.  I'm glad to learn that I'll have a chance to try again tomorrow.  I just hope I'm able to get through.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Msiter_Cairo

Hope so too! 🙂

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow didn't think the thread I created would have so many pages..  

So just an update for the rest of you guys.  I myself switched to the plan last night via the online option through My Rogers.  In the morning I logged in like some of you in here to see the plan said  Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab.

Under the additional addon's it doesn't say anything about an extra 5 gigs.  I called this morning and got through to a rep after an hour wait and he said i did indeed successfully switch to the promo plan, but he said the extra 5 gigs wasn't showing and it was odd, so he said he did something and it should be there now.  He wasn't able to confirm at the time that it wouldn't fall off after 2 years.  This is why I made the post here to confirm.   

However as others mentioned it would be nice if the myrogers account options showed the true details of the plan and shows 10 gigs and not 5..  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Leto85

It may be a issue with the system not showing the extra 5GB data but its there. I remember this happened with my iPad promo last year. I saw it automatically on the next bill and so on and took a few weeks to update on the site.

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

ah ok... i just hope that if people did sign up including myself and something goes wrong after the promo is over that they can still fix any glitches such as these since we technically signed up before it ended.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Leto85

Even if lets say there is a screw up, the back end team will fix it so that way u get it. So all will be good.

Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around
After being hung up on twice today, once after 30 mins, once after 1.5 hours, then being on hold for another 30 mins and still unable to get through to Rogers, Bell online chat got back to me. Just switched over to them. Did everything online, they will port my number without issues, waived the $25 fee and $10 SIM card fee. They also gave me $3 off because I have internet with them. Sorry Rogers but you lost this customer.

mbp12
I Plan to Stick Around
how come you were able to switch online? It seems everyone is saying you can only take advantage of the plan via calling in.

Just tried online but it appears that area of the site is down (of course)

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

If you go to change your plan via myrogers it's there.  At least it was there when I did it last night.  You can change your plan via My rogers and pick from a list.