cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nikki2819

The system seems to be failing at this point. Even Telus is having issues like this from what i have been dealing with and hearing too.

This plan has crashed or is crashing most carriers systems with all the calls they are getting.

Whiplashes
I've Been Around

I was on hold for 2 hrs before getting disconnected. To add salt in the wound, when I called back they said that the offices were closed.

What the heck is going on, Rogers?

braidster1
I Plan to Stick Around

Not a good look for a phone service provider when their own phones aren't working, or they just turned them off to not deal with anyone.

Is there some way we can send an email letting you know that we want to take advantage of this -- when the system is back up and running??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Whiplashes

The systems are either down or are starting to crash. They are thousands that are calling at once. No carrier systems are able to handle this let alone any company. So its starting to crash .

This - a thousand times this!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @braidster1

Well Telus has a 4-5hr wait over the phone and over 350+ wait on live chat. So this is happening everywhere not just Rogers.

However i agree with what u said.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nikki2819

Sadly no. Rogers does not have a email which user can send it info. The only way to contact Rogers is Over the phone, Live Chat ( which is closed). Store (Which does not accept this) and here via @CommunityHelps. You Can send them a message however it may take longer to get a reply.

At least they are waiting for a response.  I had been waiting for 4 hours and now I cannot even get through to be put on hold.  At least the live chat is working with Telus.  Rogers tells you it is not working and to keep trying back.  They also give you a number to call just keeps ringing until you are disconnected.

braidster1
I Plan to Stick Around

I would love to even be able to get through and even wait, but at this point I can't even get into the automated system.  I've been a Rogers customer for almost 15yrs now and am paying double for 10gb's.  If I don't get through to these guy's today I'm going to buy out my contract and head to Bell.  I've already been thinking about doing this because the fact Rogers isn't supporting the new iWatches.  This just gives me another reason.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nikki2819

Telus live chat stalls and closes. You have to do it over again. So its the same thing. I have tried all day with Live chat with Telus and nothing still. Many others reported this too. So its very similar if not the same issue.

They turned off live chat because that would totally crash the system at start. So they did it that way to prevent something like that happening in the AM.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @braidster1

If i were you then that is a choice u can make and go. Better now then later as Bell may not offer this tomorrow or any carrier for that matter.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys

Here is some more info.

" Update 18/12/17 2:30pm: After receiving reports that support services were down, MobileSyrup investigated and encountered busy tones or messages telling us to call again later at Telus, Koodo, Rogers, Fido, Virgin Mobile and Freedom Mobile. It’s unclear when this will clear up. MobileSyrup has reached out to the carriers.

I'm sorry - you are a Rogers community expert and you are on Telus live chat?? 

Does this mean that you are not a customer of Rogers??

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nikki2819

I have cable and cellphone with Rogers and i have another cellphone with Telus.

I have both. I am reaching to Telus to get info on a device i sent in and too see if their systems received it.

Also being a Rogers Community RE does not mean that u have to be a Rogers customer. You get name and badge due to the help u do within the Community forums. 

Apparently Freedom Wind is now offering 10GB for 50$

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nikki2819

Yes that is Correct. Freedom was offering that since Saturday.

braidster1
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I have gotten through far enough to actually be in the hold system.  I'm 6mins in wish me luck lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hey guys!

Got some news here.

" In response to MobileSyrup‘s request for comment, Rogers apologized for the wait and promised it would extend the offers for existing customers until tomorrow. “We’ve seen tremendous response from Canadians and thank everyone for their patience and apologize for any wait,” said the carrier. “These offers expire for new Rogers and new Fido customers today (except Fido BYOP in Ontario). Because of overwhelming demand and longer wait times we will honour the offers for our existing customers for tomorrow only. Our Fido Bring Your Own Phone offer goes until tomorrow end of day in Ontario only.” That includes not only the $60/10GB deal for no-term activations and upgrades, but also the $85/10GB deal for Premium plan activations and upgrades as well as the $110/10GB plan for Premium Plus plans.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Canadian carrier support lines falter due to massive interest in 10GB promo"

Good news here too.  Took me an hour between 3 to 4pm today to get through to Rogers.  

I did  side by side with TELUS online agent...  and Rogers won the race today.   It was close.. I was down to 45 in the queue.  However, TELUS online system has a flaw.  You need to manually refresh the online tool every 5 mins or it will time out and put you back on top of the list.  

R_repp
I've Been Here Awhile
That’s amazing to hear. I just went into a store (and waited an hour to talk to someone) to do the change over and even in store they aren’t able to change my plan because it isn’t visible on my account and can only be changed by a customer service agent. I’m surprised Rogers wasn’t more prepared for this overwhelming flood of customer who want this plan. Something to consider for the future...if it was an option for people to change their plan to on their online account imagine how little of an issue this would be for everyone!