cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Polskadz

Agreed however Not everyone has a car or time to drive around to a store to change a plan on a Monday which most work. Many will call in and put the call on speaker or bluetooth while working and whatever else they are doing.

The memo which was sent to stores said that the plan is not available in store and only over the phone or live chat. Live chat is down and only calling in. The stores do not want to deal with lines and everything else. Also Rogers stores are known to have long lines as is without a plan like this,.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Djay1126

Yes they extended the deal until tonight. The only way they can extended it again would be to extend it until tomorrow but that is up to head office.

McBoober
I Plan to Stick Around
Hi,

I completed the account change in store (who in turn used online help) but I only see 5GB - under plan details it shows ‘5GB Data’ and the plan shows ‘Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab’.

It’s missing 5Gb if data. Help.

Jeff

Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix But the phone doesn't work that's the problem! I've called twice. Been on hold twice. Once for 35 mins, once for 1 hour and 35 mins. Then the calls were dropped by Rogers. My friend didn't have to drive around, she lives in Hamilton. I work shift work so I'd be happy to go somewhere today as it's a day off, just like it was for her.

I can't reach anyone in Rogers by phone, chat or text. Yesterday I waited 2 hrs before reaching someone & then lady transferred me back into the queue. The customer service is ridiculous. They should have know this would generate a huge overwhelming customer response. I might as well just cancel & go to Freedom.

I've been trying to switch my plan all morning.  I was auto disconnected twice while holding (once at 1h15m and another at 2h45m).  I have a business account because of being in the military, but I was wanting to switch to the 60$/10gb plan.  Reps in the store told me this could only be done by Customer Service.  I can't do it from the website for some reason; it says I have a pending plan change that I'm unaware about.  

What can I do at this point?

McBoober
I Plan to Stick Around
Sorry - I read further into the thread - it seems another 5Gb will be automatically added?

What should I look for by way of confirmation please?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Lilswitche

At this point it would be by calling into customer service and see what is happening. will be a long wait though.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Polskadz

Seems like their servers are going down at this point and will have to do a full reboot if it keeps happening.

thatguyisrite
I've Been Here Awhile
Hello, I've been on the phone for hours only to have you system hang-up on me twice! I am more than willing to wait and understand how busy Rogers must be due to this promotion, but they doesn't seem to be a way for me to get this deal considering your system hangs up me on after about an hour wait.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @thatguyisrite

Sadly as i said before. You would need to call back and if the line works, stay on hold and see if someone picks up without being hung up on.

Rogers please help...

I signed up for your $60 10GB plan, yet when I sign into MyRogers account, why does it show 5GB on my account? It says Talk & Text 5GB-no tab.

Why? I am very upset, and concerned it will turn to 5GB after 24 months. I need this to accurately state 10GB on MyRogers account.

Please help Rogers?

dusty1
I've Been Around

I can't even switch! It's saying they are experiencing high wait times.. :'(

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @McBoober

I believe they use 2 plans which one is 5GB + 5GB bonus data which only shows 5GB ( The extra 5 will show under ur data on your My Rogers account). If it does not contact the store and see what they say.

car474
I've Been Here Awhile

Exact same thing has happened to me, and my $6 add on hasn’t been removed.
Ron

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dusty1

Th/e wait times are really high so sadly its a long wait.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Theo64

I believe they are using the 5GB data plan which is offered for $50 and the 5GB extra is a bonus. It says that online as well. so the Bonus will be added once the plan starts. the plna name will say 5GB but the extra 5GB is a data bonus.

Log into my Rogers - Account number - Data and see how many GD u see inlcluded the add on ones.

Theo4
I'm Here A Lot

Meowmix NO, there should be NO reason why my plan has any mention of the number 5GB on MyRogers account. It is a 10GB plan, not 5+5.

If my plan states 5GB as a bonus anywhere, that means it can eventually be taken away by Rogers. I wasn't born yesterday, and need this concern rectified asap. I am very upset, as I have been trying to get into contact with someone from Rogers for over 48 hours now.

Theo4
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersRoland I replied to your direct message to me, please see your inbox.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Theo4

I see where you are coming from as well. If you visit Rogers website you will see the below.

" Offer ends December 18, 2017 and is subject to change. Available to customers activating or upgrading to a no-term $60 5GB non-share plan with unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited messaging, Roam Like Home, caller ID, name display and enhanced voicemail. Available to new or existing customers who activate or upgrade to a non-share line on an eligible plan. Connection fee of $25/line applies to activate your services. Early cancellation fees apply."

" 5 GB DATA BONUS14

5GB+ 5GB Non-shared Plan
Choose one of the following plans
$60/mo.Unlimited Canada wide Calling2"

1. Offer ends December 18 and subject to change. Available to customers activating or upgrading to a No-term $60 5GB non-share plan, a Premium tab $85 5GB non-share plan or a Premium+ tab $110 5GB non-share plan with unlimited Canada-wide calling, messaging, Roam Like Home, caller ID, name display and enhanced voicemail. 5GB data bonus is applied immediately at time of activation. Available to new and existing customers who activate or upgrade to a non-share line on an eligible plan or existing customers who perform a hardware upgrade on an eligible plan. Connection fee of $25/line applies to activate your services. Early cancellation fees"

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/smartphone-plans#non-share-tile-container

I was trying all weekend at different times and was not able to get through. Since this morning I have been on hold a total of 4 hours waiting on 3 separate calls.  Have been disconnected 4 times and now when I call the line is not even answered.  After so many rings - it just hangs up!!  WHAT GIVES!!!  

The website is not working; chat is not either and now the phones??