cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around
I waited on hold for 35 mins was hung up on. I waited on hold again for 1hour and 30 mins and was hung up again. I cannot change my plan online, chat is unavailable. This is ridiculous. I called a Rogers store to ask if they would do it in person, they said they cannot. The plan does not show up for them and can only do it through retention. I am super angry as this is a huge waste of time. I don't mind waiting on hold but being hung up on? Why not make it an option online for people like all the other more expensive plans? Rogers doesn't actually want you to get this plan.

1asdf2
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi. I am trying to upgrade to this plan as I am a long time BYOD Rogers customer. I recognize and appreciate how busy you are, however, two different support reps have told me by phone they will not upgrade me as "my plan is already good". I have numerous friends with teh same wireless circumstances as me and they have been upgraded with no issue. Could you please add me to the list of pending updates? I recognize it will take a couple of days to finalize. Thank you for your time and effort.

sri123
I've Been Around

$60 10gb promo - NOT ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF YOU

Hello,

I've been trying to call in to switch my plan but I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone.  The phone rings but no one answers. I also texted in to 40019 as per your website's contact us page but haven't received a response yet. I found no email address to email into, so I am now posting this message here. Please get back to me, or at least uphold the promo when I am able to get in touch when your lines clear! Thank you

The only number that worked for me is 1-800-898-2355. I kept getting a busy tone too but kept trying repeatedly. Chat did not connect for me at all, and I received no responses on FB Messenger or Twitter. I would say the phones are your best bet, but it will take a few hours 😞

Theo4
I'm Here A Lot

I am wondering the same

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @sri123

Sadly your only way to get it is by calling into Rogers. Online is not open, live chat and facebook chat is down as well and stores do not do this deal.

Theo4
I'm Here A Lot

Why does MYRogers still show up as: My Wireless Package Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab

Hi Rogers, on Saturday December 16th, I signed up for 10GB, MyRogers account should state 10GB, not 5GB.

Rogers, please help with this? It needs to state accurate info, not 5GB.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Ogarcia

The offer ends tonight unless they postpone it and offer it for the next couple of days. If the offer ends tonight, sadly the system will remove this plan and reps will not longer have access to it and same with Rogers.

They can offer something else but not this plan.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @manila77

The rep did not have this info until Friday. Thus why the rep did not tell you. You would need to call in and see as some plans do not work and some do.

canzilla
I've Been Around

Just got disconnected again after waiting on phone for 3 hours 13 mins. This is the third time I got disconnected since yesterday after waiting for hours. I have been a loyal Rogers customers for over 16 years with wireless/tv/internet......this kind of service is how you treat your customers??? I am very disappointed.....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @canzilla

Well the lines are really tied up and it seems like the system is auto disconnecting people so it does not overflow and crash the whole system to the point no rep or customer can call in or do anything.

A manager i know within Rogers explained this. When you have thousands calling in at once, the systems are not designed to handle that many for ANY company. So they will start to fail and crash at one point. 

Sadly Rogers can only do so much at this moment. Same with any other carrier that is having issues similar to this. I have been on hold with Telus live chat for 2 hrs. Spoke to someone and got disconnected. Not another 200+ people waiting in line and another 1-2 hr wait. Seems to be wide spread. 

caromji
I've Been Around

@Theo4, you may want to check your email confirmation to make sure the extra 5GB is added onto your account.

If you do not see it, you would need call Rogers to add it back in.

I wait 45 mins, got the line but just before proceeding told me oups you are not in right Province!!! Quebec is excluded from that promotion!!!  Heinnnnn !!! i'm still at Rogers.. Now the price is made by Provinces soon to be by City then gender ..  oh well after 25 plus years time to let it go !!! Rogers got no respect for their customer !!

Hi RogersCorey,

Is there a fee to change plans? My current plan costs are higher than the current 10gb promo 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jjjjjjjjjjjjjrr

Quebec is not included with any carriers. This was shown with all carriers including Best Buy. Best Buy started this off with BC and Alberta. Then all the other provinces and carriers excluding Quebec. Quebec has their own pricing and rules. That is why.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @maria81

If you are on a locked contract, there is a possibility that you will need to pay the remaining flextab to get this. So most likely yes.

" Cancellations fees will apply"

This plan is ONLY for ones without a contract and ones bringing their own phones to Rogers.

Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around
Honestly this isn't such a hard problem to solve. Rogers did this on purpose. I'm an existing customer, why can't I add this plan online myself like every other very expensive plan? Why can't you go into a Rogers store and do it in person? Bell is allowing customers to do that. It's ridiculous. I will likely miss out on this plan. I've been a Rogers customer for 15+ years but considering the trend is to offer better plans hopefully something similar will be offered in the future.

Theo4
I'm Here A Lot

No, I tried all of that, I need a Rogers rep to reply to my question please

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Polskadz

Bell is also having major issues in stores trying to add this plan. Reading online some are infact being turned down at the Bell stores due to the system not allowing them OR the wait times to add it is big.

I agree Rogers should have let us go to the store, however the store reps would have huge line ups just for this and people returning or exchanging or even asking general questions would have to suffer and wait. Also the system would do a total fail like it happens with iPhone launches and would take a day or two to go back to normal.

So in all i see both sides of this.

Just a side not, i got disconnected from Telus chat once again. Third time and there is another 304 people waiting. So its not just Rogers having issues. Its everyone. 

Polskadz
I Plan to Stick Around
@Meowmix
That's not true at all. My friend just went to the mall in Hamilton and had her existing Bell plan changed over and her husband's. She said there was no line up and no issues whatsoever. Perhaps in stores that usually have lineups eg downtown Toronto you'll run into this issue but go somewhere else in GTA and it doesn't appear to be a problem. So seeing as I'm north of Toronto and could easily drive to Newmarket, Uxbridge, Keswick Rogers which I doubt are ridiculously busy, why not offer the option?

Djay1126
I've Been Around
I've been calling since this morning and it just rings out. No option to hold for a rep. Is today truly the last day? Any hope for an extension? Thanks