cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Guys,

Can anyone please confirm the specifics of this promotional wireless plan?  I switched to it last night and I got through to a rep this morning after a lengthy wait but they were not able to confirm if the extra 5 gigs stays on after 2 years or not.  The website I read had screenshots confirming that the 10 gigs is now a perm feature and does not drop off after 2 years.  How can I tell that they added this to my account properly and after 2 years I won't go back to 5 gigs.

***EDITED LABELS***

317 REPLIES 317

Re: 60$ BYOD 10 Gig promotional plan

RogersCorey

Hello @Leto85!

Thanks for asking! We advertise this offer as part of a plan that comes with 10GB because it combines the plan and this bonus data offer. We’re sending an SMS to inform customers that the offer no longer has a 24 month end date. Your account may still show that the 5GB bonus data expires after 24 months but this is not applicable. 

It is a permanent 10GB plan for so long as you do not change your plan.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Leto85
I Plan to Stick Around

That's great!  Thanks so much for the quick reply.  

You're welcome! I'm certain others will have this exact same question so I'm here to make sure it's clear for everyone 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Artroxy
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, I've been trying to call for two days and I can't get a single form of contact to answer my call to get into this deal.  As a 10+ year Rogers customer I'm exceedingly upset and if I do not receieve an answer my 5 PM today I will walk to your competitor and get myself a new phone under their plan (which has the same offer).  Considering my 2 year contract is almost done I'm willing to pay on two phones than miss on this deal.  I hope this issue gets fixed shortly because I do not buy that every single form of communication has been "overwhelmed" and I find this behaviour or lack of service unacceptable.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Artroxy

This plan is still available until tonight. So just call in and stay in hold until u get someone. This is due to the overwhelming as u said on this plan so many are calling into Rogers or using live chat to contact them as well.

Artroxy
I've Been Here Awhile
Live chat has been disabled or is also “overloaded.” Id like to maintain being a Rogers customer so I will try as much as I can before 5 but my time is also money, and I know that if I walk into the competitors store I’ll get served immediately.

Hi Roger,

I managed to get through to Rogers after 3 Hrs and 11 Mins yesterday, and it was confirmed the 10GB is good to stay until i decide to leave Rogers however, this morning i received the confirmation of account changes and it says:

Talk & Text w/5GB - No Tab

Will they be changing this to 10GB as they said they are switching to the 10GB $60 Plan?  I have been on hold for 1.45hrs now trying to get through to a rep to make sure its 10GB and not 5GB. Smiley Mad

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Artroxy

Saying ur going to go to someone else won't make this faster to be honest with u. If u don't have the patience to wait on the phone to get the plan then u are more welcome to go.

I have seen many wait 5+ hrs on the phone to get this plan. So patience is the key here. Everyone will wait to speak to someone regardless which carrier you are with.

You only option is calling and doing it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @carmoji

Yes it will be changed. Please remember that the extra 5 GB is a promotion so that will come automatically on the account we ach month. So it may not show as 10GB on the plan. It may show 5GB and then the extra 5GB will be added.

Just like when they give u a free 1GB each month.

Artroxy
I've Been Here Awhile
I wouldn’t have a problem waiting on the phone, the problem is not being even able to queu in the phone. I went to a Bell store yesterday and the store reps said they could switch me then and there, so yes it would be faster if I can’t even queu through Rogers. Like I said, I’m a 10+ year customer and I do have patience and understanding as well as a heck of a lot of loyalty, but it doesn’t seem Rogers is interested in helping me if I can’t even manage to get a form of potential contact.

Thank you for the quick response Roger!

You mentioned it was an extra 5GB promotion but before my post, at another roger's customers post, you said it was 10GB permanent plan?  I have friends that says 10GB on their new plan and they told me to call customers service to get it corrected, hence, being on hold for over 1.30hrs and on counting.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Artroxy

I have a question. Why don't u go to a Rogers store then? If going to the Bell store seems faster why not at a Rogers store?

Just called the Rogers store near me and they told me they are able to do it without any issues.

So why don't u try that?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @carmoji

Yes it's a going to show that as per below. I guess they added that tag instead and should show 5 extra GB data as well. Some got the 10GB for $60 plan. It's a mess to be honest.

" Offer ends December 18, 2017 and is subject to change. Available to customers activating or upgrading to a no-term $60 5GB non-share plan with unlimited Canada-wide calling, unlimited messaging, Roam Like Home, caller ID, name display and enhanced voicemail. Available to new or existing customers who activate or upgrade to a non-share line on an eligible plan. Connection fee of $25/line applies to activate your services. Early cancellation fees apply."

Hi Roger,

The stores will not help the switch over because they don't get money from helping - i actually went to 3 rogers store yesterday while doing some christmas shopping, and went to 2 wireless wave, they were so busy, they annouced to everyone that was there that they will not be catering to those who are switching plans, they are strictly doing new activations only.

If you don't mind me asking, are you in the Toronto GTA?

The stores that said they will not be assisting are: Yorkdale Mall, Scarborough Town Centre, Markville Mall, Fairview Mall, Eaton's Centre, Shoppes on Don Mills.

This is also an image right now at Markville Mall for Roger's store - Infront of Roger's Store Markville Mall

Artroxy
I've Been Here Awhile
I was told they didn’t. I am actually headed now to a Rogers store so hopefully that will help!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Artroxy

I would call before going just incase they say that they can. Remember some reps can say yes we can but others say they cant as reported

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @carmoji

Yes i am. I called those stores and they said the same however the store under the head office of Rogers in Toronto the rep told me they could. However remember that one rep could also be misleading. So it could be the case.

Hi Roger,

It really is!  Roger's and other phone carriers should just change their system to all their customers to the $60 plan and if anyone has an issue with it, call Roger's and put them back on their plan before. Much easier no? Smiley LOL

Everyone wants a good deal - patience is definitely the key.  Last night i literally prepared a meal, finished the meal and washed the dishes and did laundry etc while waiting for a rep. LOL

want to change to my data plan

After holding for 3 hours, being transferred and finally connecting to a CSR, my line dropped right as he was making the changes. Now I can't even call back in to confirm whether everything was changed correctly! And Live Chat and FB Messenger are both unresponsive. I don't understand why Rogers didn't staff properly for this promo - they must've anticipated a higher than normal volume of interested customers!