5th time in an hour NB3 has rebooted by itself.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

5th time in an hour NB3 has rebooted by itself.

While changing channels it reboots after freezing up. Started yesterday. My neighbor has the same problem. 

***Edited labels***

Steve
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 5th time in an hour NB3 has rebooted by itself.

I had some wired activity the other day on my nb3

Just curious, go into the diag pages..
Exit till the power light flashes, down twice, the 2
Go down to the media shrink tab, then I hit right I think it's the 2nd one, shows when/if it was working on processing/shrinking existing recordings.

Highlighted

Exit till the power light flashes, down twice, the 2 

huh???? What is down twice?

Steve
Highlighted

Still doing it. When I go to certain channels t takes awhile for the picure to come in. if  try to change the channel wheile this is going on it locks up and reboots. 

Steve
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The down arrow on the direction pad

I found mine doing some odd things while it has been doing the media shrink. The box has been changed to using mpeg4 instead of 2, which makes smaller file sizes, therefore can store more. They have been working on converting the already recorded one.

Highlighted

Still doing it. Media Shrink was disabled. Then all of a sudden it started.

Steve
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats maybe the only thing i could think of...

MAYBE if its a faulty power unit or something.. that the extra strain when its doing the media shrink, is causing it to reboot?

Heard of other slow/sluggishness, etc with the meida shrink.. but not rebooting...

Not quite sure.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I had our NB3 just reboot while watching the news on CBC. i.e.  7:25am 17 Jun 2016.

It has happened before, sometimes twice in one day.  

I suspect that the entire signal gets lost somewhere in the Rogers network.  If you are watching it reboots. If not, you will never notice.  You may be in an area where the signal is lost frequently.

Ask Rogers if anyone was working in the area.  In my case, no one was so it is just one of those glitchy things that Rogers is famous for.  They should be able to monitor the signal for you if they believe in client service.

We also have an NB2 box and I have never seen it happen to that box. The NB3 seems to be a problem.

Good luck.