500U Slow Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zcarguy
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 500U Slow Speeds

Without pods on 2.4ghz right beside the gateway what is reasonable to expect?
Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

No idea as I have a Pod connected ant it takes over selecting the band and manages the speed. I think the specs for the Pods have a max speed of 200Mbps, but in practice the maximum is likely 100-150Mbp.

zcarguy
I've Been Here Awhile

I would argue when you get speeds over 50 or 75 likely you are connected to 5ghz.  If you use pods and combine your 2.4/5 ghz you would have a hard time knowing how well your 2.4ghz is performing.  I suspect if you get far enough from the router and are can only pick up 2.4 you speeds will drop dramatically

Vivi2021
I've Been Around

I have migrated my internet plan to Ignite 500 Download speed today. The wifi speed on most of devices are among 200-250 but on the PC is only 1-2 ( I didn’t type it wrong, it is only about 1.5 every-time). I have an WIFI adapter not sure if it is the problem.

Thanks for any advices...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Vivi2021 : Try connecting the PC via an Ethernet cable.  You should then get 5-600 mbps down.  Since your other devices are working "properly" on WiFi, it seems to be something at your end.

Kingkong12
I've Been Here Awhile

Since i have been using rogers, i have only experienced 250 to 300mps speed once, that happened when i newly got it, since then... its been around 90 to 120mps.... i truely dont understand why i can't get 500mps I'm paying for!!!!!!!!!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How/where are you doing the speed test?
Depending on the speed test site, the end point you are choosing can make a different.  Between server A and B on the list can make a big difference some times.
Are  you doing this on wired or wireless?  Wireless speeds are not really great to do a speed test from, as any number of things could effect it.

Outside of that, its possible that there is something else which has happened, like if there has been a signal drop, etc.

I have a great signal at my home, and my wired desktop can pull over 500 on a regular basis.

Kingkong12
I've Been Here Awhile

I test with my ps4 connected with lan... so i know what I'm saying

I can show you pictures if you want